27 y/o Mainer on the site - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View mbob's Photo Album My Photos
Default 27 y/o Mainer on the site

Hey folks, I have been visiting this site for quite some time and finally became a member. I would first of all like to thank this entire community for there continuous feedback and communication of all respects. The information on this site is simply invaluable. I feel I can gather whatever information i need in regards to any situation/scenario and make much more informed decisions; saving my time, peoples money, and my reputation.

I am a low key painter primarily working exterior jobs during the summer months with several substantial interior under my belt. I have painted off and on my whole life, beginning when my father had me paint a room and i grabbed a roller and began in the center of a wall . Priority one is making sure the job is done right, everything else comes after. My brush skills are advanced-expert. I work solo and will do so for the near future. I look only to make a relatively small wage, but never have and never will use a sprayer because for me it would take the "enjoyment" from the trade and i would loose interest. Thats enough "I's" for now. Thanks again folks.
mbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the boards. Why would you do any job for a relative small wage? You should also check into getting to be more legit, Licenses, insurances and so on. I give you credit for brushing out whole houses, I wouldn't, I started painting with a sprayer and will never stop using one on exteriors, I still really enjoy painting after 19 yrs, if I was painting by brush and bucket I would have walked away many many years ago.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
King Dude

Thanked 5,036 Times in 2,862 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250
View David's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio
David's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 530
View Gibberish45's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome mbob! You should definitely learn to spray your exteriors. Same quality and price, half the time. Spraying is just as fun and takes skill to do properly you won't be taking a shortcut I promise!
Gibberish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,304
View woodcoyote's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group! Painting whole house by brush eh? Looks like you've probably accumulated some good brushing skills, that can go a long way.

Like CD said, do some research and slowly get legit as you can afford it. Helps you sleep at night once you start picking up some good volume.

Good luck!
woodcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None