Behr Pro Support - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
View BehrPro Support's Photo Album My Photos
Default Behr Pro Support

Hey guys,

We’ve been looking and listening here on Paint Talk for a while and we really appreciate all your candid comments and feedback. It has helped us make improvements to our professional products and services already.

As a brand, we’d like to do a better job at meeting your needs. With that said, we’ll do our best to supply you with answers to your questions and provide proactive responses to your suggestions.

Thanks again for your thoughts. We hope that you’ll welcome our participation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BehrPro Support is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BehrPro Support For This Useful Post:
Bender (10-05-2009)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Rock On

Rewards Points: 1,000
View slickshift's Photo Album My Photos
Default Welcome

Thanks for posting up
I moved your post here for a "proper" introduction thread
As always, the Admin and Staff here do appreciate and encourage input from Manufacturer Reps and other coatings professionals-not just Painting Contractors
In fact, having people like you posting can be very helpful and informative...or at least interesting (lol)

Hopefully you have a thick skin, as there can be a bit of bashing from dissatisfied end users
But if you focus on the actual replies, you and we may learn something

I'm sure you understand that we can't allow posts in every thread stating your companies products for different apps, but we have always allowed specific product suggestions from Manufacturer's Reps in regards to specific and direct questions

Other than that, any Qs or probs just message/e-mail any Mod or Admin

As I moved this post, if you want to reply in the original thread (that you posted this in), you can do so again

Looking forward to your participation
---Slick

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slickshift For This Useful Post:
Workaholic (10-03-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome! Well put Slick, thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 258
View onthecoast's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to onthecoast

Hey Behr Rep

I have used the paint/primer combo on my bathroom at home to test the waters and thought it was incredibly difficult to apply. So much that I actually got one coat on and was too frustrated to apply another.

The other day I went to look at a job and the owner had already purchased Behr Premium ( No primer ) and at first I was like "Oh snap, this is going to be terrible!", but ended up doing the job anyway. I gotta say and I know I will get crap for it, but this paint was pretty good and I was able to cover a lot of wall.

Also I love Glidden and prefer it to anything. I know that has nothing to do with your company other than they are both at HD. If I was to own a paint manufacturing company I would model it after Glidden.
onthecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #5

Oops I forgot. Would use again.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #6

View Last Craftsman's Photo Album My Photos

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 264
Size:  2.6 KB
Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Rock On

View slickshift's Photo Album My Photos

Please:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshift
...as not to hijack this thread
....if any of our members have any Qs about Behr products, we ask you to please start a new thread

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,000
View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEighter View Post
Overlooking the quality on this question.. who do we have to turn to if we ever decided to buy your paint if when there is a problem? Even the national chains/paint stores have problems occasionally with their paint. I go in, explain the problem and am either 1.) reimbursed, 2.) given new paint, 3.) in the case with a big nation wide paint store that messed up the color on me mid paint.. they paid to have it fixed and gave me the paint to do so. How are you going to be able to give me that same quality of service/back your brand like that?
http://www.contractortalk.com/f8/oka...x3/#post779035

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 3,012
Thanked 5,800 Times in 2,487 Posts
View PressurePros's Photo Album My Photos

Hello Nick and welcome formally to the forum.

Please stop making acrylic deck stains. Let me rephrase, pass the word that I have never, ever, not once in over 800 decks seen a Behr product last for more than 2 years. Today walking through a box store I hear an employee reading from a can to two doe-eyed customers about the 5-7 year warranty. In two years they will call me because it is in some advanced state of failure and are chagrined to know the charge for removing an acrylic.

May I also invite you or a person that handles the wood stain line to visit our organization forum at www.uamcc.org/forum.

PressurePros is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PressurePros For This Useful Post:
johnpaint (10-01-2009), summertime14 (11-01-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #10

Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

Yeah: Sorry but I haven't found one of your products I would not only not pay for, but I usually charge clients more it they want me to use it, and also if they have used it on decks, I don't take the job. Man you need to start selling a product that is good. You are trashing the paint market.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
Right!

Rewards Points: 500
View LOSTinDETAILS's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome and good luck! You are going to need thick skin to weather this bunch. Anyone interested in starting a PT pool?
"If you want to go back to a time where we were just a bunch of Serfs under the control of an all powerful king - go ahead and vote republican. And not only will we be dirt poor - we'll be paying these kings rent to farm the land." -Delusional TURD
LOSTinDETAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #12

Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

To be frank, I really was not aware that there was a pro division at Behr. Maybe I should start visiting HD more.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #13

Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

But sorry: Welcome to the Paint Talk.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 AM   #14
very senior member

Rewards Points: 56
Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

No comment
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #15
Born To Be Mild

Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecoast View Post
Hey Behr Rep

I have used the paint/primer combo on my bathroom at home to test the waters and thought it was incredibly difficult to apply. So much that I actually got one coat on and was too frustrated to apply another.

The other day I went to look at a job and the owner had already purchased Behr Premium ( No primer ) and at first I was like "Oh snap, this is going to be terrible!", but ended up doing the job anyway. I gotta say and I know I will get crap for it, but this paint was pretty good and I was able to cover a lot of wall.

Also I love Glidden and prefer it to anything. I know that has nothing to do with your company other than they are both at HD. If I was to own a paint manufacturing company I would model it after Glidden.

I'll start ducking the stones thrown my way, but I think the Berh matte finish is a nice product. I don't go out of my way to buy it, because there is no support at the store and I pay the same price as the homeowner.
  1. Where is mine or any other pro's incentive to use it?
  2. What kind of supprt do you offer? Warrany? Reps that come to the job site? Writing paint specifications for large jobs?
  3. Whom do we contact with an issue? Is it a complicated phone bank with a large number of buttons to push?
  4. Do you have reps out in the field? Or do you intend to service complaints from a computer and phone?
  5. Any intension to starting treating pro's like other manufacture's do?

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bikerboy For This Useful Post:
aaron61 (10-02-2009), ewingpainting.net (10-02-2009), johnpaint (10-02-2009)
Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
I'll start ducking the stones thrown my way, but I think the Berh matte finish is a nice product. I don't go out of my way to buy it, because there is no support at the store and I pay the same price as the homeowner.
  1. Where is mine or any other pro's incentive to use it?
  2. What kind of supprt do you offer? Warrany? Reps that come to the job site? Writing paint specifications for large jobs?
  3. Whom do we contact with an issue? Is it a complicated phone bank with a large number of buttons to push?
  4. Do you have reps out in the field? Or do you intend to service complaints from a computer and phone?
  5. Any intension to starting treating pro's like other manufacture's do?
Biker,

The matte finish is the paint I recently used. It is actually a good paint. One coat looked fine, but of course went for two as that was contracted and it was a drastic color change.

Would I buy it? Maybe. I would be in home depot anyway buying Glidden so..
Old 10-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshift View Post
Thanks for posting up
I moved your post here for a "proper" introduction thread
As always, the Admin and Staff here do appreciate and encourage input from Manufacturer Reps and other coatings professionals-not just Painting Contractors
In fact, having people like you posting can be very helpful and informative...or at least interesting (lol)

Hopefully you have a thick skin, as there can be a bit of bashing from dissatisfied end users
But if you focus on the actual replies, you and we may learn something

I'm sure you understand that we can't allow posts in every thread stating your companies products for different apps, but we have always allowed specific product suggestions from Manufacturer's Reps in regards to specific and direct questions

Other than that, any Qs or probs just message/e-mail any Mod or Admin

As I moved this post, if you want to reply in the original thread (that you posted this in), you can do so again

Looking forward to your participation
---Slick
Slick, thanks for the proper welcome to the community. We're well aware of the varying perceptions of our brand and are excited to have this opportunity to address them here. We hope that everyone will share their experiences and valued input about our products and services. We want Behr to be the paint of choice for all professionals and can't wait to work with all of your members to help achieve this goal.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecoast View Post
Hey Behr Rep

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback on the new product and we're happy to here about the positive experience. Thanks for giving it a chance. Keep us updated on your future projects and your work with the products. If you need any assistance, just let us know.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEighter View Post

nEighter, if you're interested, we'll be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated field sales representatives in your area who will be able to provide you with assistance. Of course, we can also address any questions you have here. Please let us know and we'll hook you up with someone.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
Hello Nick and welcome formally to the forum.

Please stop making acrylic deck stains. Let me rephrase, pass the word that I have never, ever, not once in over 800 decks seen a Behr product last for more than 2 years. Today walking through a box store I hear an employee reading from a can to two doe-eyed customers about the 5-7 year warranty. In two years they will call me because it is in some advanced state of failure and are chagrined to know the charge for removing an acrylic.

May I also invite you or a person that handles the wood stain line to visit our organization forum at www.uamcc.org/forum.

Thanks for the formal welcome PressurePros. We're sorry that you're having problems with the stains. Would you be interested in talking to someone about the issues you're experiencing?

We’ll definitely check out your forum and make sure everyone who needs to be is aware of it as well.

Tags
None