Ben Moore Scuff X - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 20
View refpaul2465's Photo Album My Photos
Default Ben Moore Scuff X

Has anyone used Scuff X matte and eggshell?
Really looking for info to see if the matte finish is
washable and scuff resistant
Any thoughts of info welcomed
refpaul2465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2018, 11:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 280
View rosespainting's Photo Album My Photos

We use the matte finish. I like it. it is slightly shinier than the regal select matte. it is washable, and seems to hold up to scrubbing better than regal select. It does seem more scuff resistant than regal select, but I have not tested with intentional scuffing.

We have a few long time customers with rental houses. They seem to like the idea, and the fact that it is not expensive. We will see how it holds up long term.
rosespainting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rosespainting For This Useful Post:
refpaul2465 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
Commercial Painter

Rewards Points: 24
View daytoncc's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the reply Roses! Super helpful!
daytoncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2018, 01:17 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 199
View PNW Painter's Photo Album My Photos

I finished a third story addition about a year where Regal Select Matte was used for all the bedrooms and common areas and Scuff-X matte was used in the bathrooms, laundry room and play room.

Last week I went back to touch-up a small drywall repair. After looking around I can confirm that Scuff-X matte is much more durable compared to Regal Select matte. This family has a 4 and 7 year and it was quickly apparent that Scuff-X was much more durable and less likely to burnish compared to Regal Select.

It should be noted that I think the sheen of Scuff-X matte is very close to Regal Select eggshell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PNW Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PNW Painter For This Useful Post:
refpaul2465 (10-31-2018)

Tags
None