Buenos Dias from Laredo Texas - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View CoatingsConnaisseur's Photo Album My Photos
Default Buenos Dias from Laredo Texas

Hello everyone,
Been a while since I spent anytime on a message board but this seems like a great place to interact with people who use products some of us help formulate in general Industrial Coatings. Mostly two part Architectural in the harshest environments. I am originally from Aguilares Texas near Laredo. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguilares,_Texas"] I am an Air Force Veteran where I began my training as a wso. After school I began my career in the accounting field with a minor in computer science. In 1993 I bought an investment property. I didn't know a latex from an oil base. But I was broke after that fire sale purchase and had to learn to paint. I had a friend with a micro biology degree who was hired on one day and after his boss told him once he got his masters they could jack his pay up to 28K a year. He handed the guy his badge right there and then and began a career at Sherwin Williams as an Industrial Paint Chemist. He helped me on that project and many after. After a few years I was hooked. You can study all kinds of sciences and technologies in the coatings world and I have been hooked ever since. We have three stores in Texas and are the warranty center for anything industrial that sprays. Basically if it sprays and has a warranty card and breaks we fix it. We maintain factories for AKZO Toyota and provide heavy use coatings for off shore platforms and oil rigs in South Texas. I specialize in Bonding Technology. Actually researching flouro carbon re-enforced silicone injected poly urethane. The next step when epoxy and aliphatics are not enough. I would be interested in speaking or reading all I can as they have tested out so good. Way beyond my expectations. Not selling !
Just want to be able to talk the lingo to clients or applicators.

Married three children.
One Son currently a MIB in the White House as Obama's personal com guy.

Not bad for a 32 year old combat vet. Very proud father

Please don't sweat me about his commander in chief he has no choice he only protects the president and this country. Regardless. I know nothing about politics but I do have a firm belief in the constitution and the bill of rights in its original form. Mainly because that's was all I know about from school.

Daughter 1. Underwriter for Wellsfargo.
Daughter 2. Second Grade School Teacher.
Wife is a CPA. (always catches my sly down low purchases of cherished firearms! ) Drag.
Girl friend... just kidding no girl friend.
Favorite Spray Guns CA technologies / Ransburg number 2 Electro Static
Favorite Real Guns 1911 Springfield / CZ 75 B / Colt H Bar Sporter II, Winchester Pigeon Grade O/U 12
CoatingsConnaisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CoatingsConnaisseur For This Useful Post:
Paradigmzz (04-19-2013)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
King Dude

Thanked 5,029 Times in 2,856 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
RH (04-19-2013)
Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
RH

Rewards Points: 10,140
Thanked 15,342 Times in 8,033 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT!

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 976
Thanked 9,540 Times in 5,406 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome!,

I take it you represent Sherwin William's industrial line of coatings? Looking forward to your input.

Would the following be considered a polysiloxane? "Actually researching flouro carbon re-enforced silicone injected poly urethane."
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

welcome to the command center
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

welcome. nice intro

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epoxy coating, fluorocarbon, silanes, urethane