CA C-33 Trade - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 08-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View Alvarado2008's Photo Album My Photos
Default CA C-33 Trade

Hi so I have been in the process of getting my c-33 license. I already passed the law part of the exam, but I am having trouble passing the trade part any recommendations on any study guides or help I can get plz help me.
Alvarado2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #2

Thanked 1,053 Times in 684 Posts
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

?? This does not make sense. How can you pass the law but not the trade? Have you never painted before? This must be the case, as the trade part is cake for anyone who has painted or worked in a paint store. I don't know what to tell you, but if you can't pass the trade you might as well give up cuz its not looking good for your business in the long run. You can learn, but if you are starting a business and hoping to rely on hired painters, they will take full advantage of you.
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:53 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 62
View burchptg's Photo Album My Photos

I don't mean to be rude, but I have to agree with Mike. You're supposed to have 7 years experience as a journeyman before you can even apply and have a letter of recommendation from a licensed painter who you've worked for. Perhaps you wrote that backwards.

There are classes for the law part. When you applied, you would gotten a ton of junk mail advertising those classes. I took one of those weekend classes on the law and honestly I don't think I would have passed if I didn't. The trade part was a breeze.
burchptg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #4

Thanked 1,053 Times in 684 Posts
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by burchptg View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I have to agree with Mike. You're supposed to have 7 years experience as a journeyman before you can even apply and have a letter of recommendation from a licensed painter who you've worked for. Perhaps you wrote that backwards.

There are classes for the law part. When you applied, you would gotten a ton of junk mail advertising those classes. I took one of those weekend classes on the law and honestly I don't think I would have passed if I didn't. The trade part was a breeze.

Its 4 years of journeyman level experience. You don't need a letter from anyone, just the documentation and contact information of said employer.
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None