Coastal North Carolina - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 03-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,326
View Ultimate's Photo Album My Photos
Default Coastal North Carolina

I found this site through a google search of marketing strategy with residential painting. Amazed at the availability of information and the value of it as well. I will be here quite a bit maybe throwing in my 2 cents from time to time.

I have been painting close to 20 years. I have had a s-corp for three years and am learning how to run a business. Whole new ball of wax and I like it so far.

http://fatherandsonpaintinginc.net/

Last edited by Ultimate; 03-20-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing from you. Are you the father or son?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 5,171 Times in 2,980 Posts
View straight_lines's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to straight_lines

I think I am familiar with you company. What cities do you service?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Primer makes everything better...
straight_lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
good ol boy's

Rewards Points: 152
View billy the kid's Photo Album My Photos

welcome from oregon

billy the kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
Born 2 Paint

Rewards Points: 1,394
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,609 Posts
View 6126's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to Paint Talk from Washington State
6126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #8

Thanks all for the welcome. I am the son. The father handles the books, offers business advice, fends me from the IRS and acts an an investor should opportunity present itself. My areas of service currently include, Myrtle Beach, Shalotte, Ocean Isle, Holden Beach, Supply, Sunset Beach, Oak Island, Southport, Leland, Wilmington and Fayetteville.

Glad to hear you have heard of me straight_lines. The sign on my vehicle has managed to attract a little attention for business. What is the name of your company if you don' t mind me asking?

Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #9

Johnson Home Construction Wilmington NC.

That is a huge service area you have there from Myrtle Beach to Fayetteville. Do you do commercial work as well? I may have seen a yard sign or one of you vehicles, can't remember for sure.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #10

I have experience in commercial. Looking at a couple of projects right now. Diversification is helping cash flow. Looking into some new niches. Residential repaint is where it's at though. At a snails pace getting myself out there. The size of the service area is merely a reflection of the pains of maintaining continuing cash flow rather than a company of any considerable magnitude. Customers with property here and there. Friends with leads here and there. For now this is what I will consider although there is a long term plan which, when successful, will show me operating in more than one area at once. Eyes set on Wrightsville Beach as well.

If I see things correctly, you are a company which provides multiple services. Please let me know if I can help out if you have too much to do.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #11

For sure as always love to network, and find good local business to deal with. Where are you from?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #12

Born and raised in Charlotte. Been on the coast here for the past three years. Currently reside on Oak Island. How about you? Carolina native?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #13

Yup born and raised. Close to .ilm as well.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #14

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

welcome from Boston. I will be down in North Carolina April 4th through the 15th at my house in Snow Hill getting a complete brain drain before we get crazy busy here in the Boston area also plan to renew my friendship with Jack Daniels. good luck

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #15

Rewards Points: 75
View Coat It!'s Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from Raleigh! You're just down the road, used to have family on Oak Island.

Coat It! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 75
View Goode Painters's Photo Album My Photos

welcome
Goode Painters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #17

Thanks again all. Just aquired a new painter from Boston. One of the few 'real' ones in this county. Good enough guy so far.

Small world indeed. My family coming here to Oak Island is what brought me here. Slow motion but I'm getting used to it.

I have already learned quite a bit from this site. Fortunate to have found it.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
The Man In The Arena

Rewards Points: 150
View NextCoatings's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from Michigan...have Topsail on my mind. Would much rather be in your neck of the woods.

NextCoatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #19

Topsail is nice indeed. Things are tough here right now if it wasn't for the numerous contacts I established when things were worse I don't know what I would be doing now. A little one here and there just enough to help offset payroll is a treasure right now.... Great place to live though.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #20

Oak Island is a lot like Topsail. Both are great places to unwind, but I have started viewing the beach as work these last few years. Its still nice during the off season.

I go to the river to get away now, a lot less people and a whole lot more peace and quiet. So many places to get lost in the boat, just me and the dog.

Tags
None