fauxfinisher/muralist adding straight painting - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Imaginepaint's Photo Album My Photos
Default fauxfinisher/muralist adding straight painting

Hi, everyone, I have had a successful faux/mural business for the past 9 yrs. and always had my painting contractors to call on & do my base painting. Well, we've moved to a new area, right when this new economy hit, so I'm working some , but have added straight painting to my faux/mural repetoire to be able to make a living. I have always appreciated my paint contracters and especially do now!!! I don't necessarily want to do straight painting ,but feel that I need to at least apply my base coats, especially since there are so many painters that offer faux finishes now .I feel nervous about starting out from start to finish ( priming , basecoating). I'm glad that I found this site, as it will be invaluable to the learning process. Well, here I go .... gonna dive into this forum!!! Cathie& Gregg Stotesbery "Imagine This " Decorative Painting
Imaginepaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard. I would love to do faux in addition to my regular painting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome, I too would love to learn those skills! Look forward to seeing pics of your work!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from NY. Where are you based? We always need good faux craftsmen!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome I would love to learn your phone number so I can recommend you. Because I have NO desire to do what you do. You need to much patience for that. And the fellow members here know how much patience I have.
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Howdy, I am doing the opposite, but keeping straight painting at the forefront for now.
I served a 7 month apprenticeship at a full time s. Florida faux company building my faux skills, I would love to see your work!
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WisePainter For This Useful Post:
ewingpainting.net (11-16-2009)
Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
workin

Rewards Points: 250
View painting247's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome Imagepainter, where are you located and do you have a website or photo's of your work that you would be willing to share? We could always use a faux painter to bring forth new ideas and techniques.

facebook

A job can be where you go to work
or where you come to LIFE.
painting247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #9

I'm in So Mo., about an hour from Branson, 35 min from AR. We moved here from So Cal about 18 mos ago & really haven't regretted it. We sold our home at THE Right Time and bought a 15 acre parcel of land w/ a small house, that is 1 mile from a river & 2 miles from a lake. Life is slow here, but I love it!! We have a huge polebarn that we are converting into a studio/workshop, that I will be creating canvas murals & painted furniture in.I go back to Ca. about 3 x's a yr to see my daughter and do any work that former client's might want done. What's so funny is that painters would always comment while at the jobsite, that they had no patience for what I did. Wow, after priming & painting smooth ceilings for the past 5 days requires patience!! Learning the finesse of no laplines requires patience!! I will try to figure out how to send my online porfolio through Shutterfly. I used to have a website , but it was a bartered job that really didn't pay off for me & I let it lapse. Good luck to all those that are adding faux.... it's a challenge , but very creative & rewarding More soon.....time for the hot tub to sooth my aching neck muscles.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 500
View WAGGZ's Photo Album My Photos

I'll come do a few base coats for you if your 15 acres has a place to duck hunt. Duck hunting is great in that area. Oh I forgot, Welcome.

I think of a fair price as one that puts my kids through private school and offers value to the homeowner... -Pressure Pros
WAGGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #11

Nope, no ducks, but woke up to gunshots.... it's deer season . BTW, here's my shutterfly website to those that requested. I'm still working on it & have dial up so it takes a long time to do anything.http://imaginethisdecorativepainting.shutterfly.com
Old 11-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #12
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Wow! Very nice, we have some awesome faux painters as members, but I don't think we have a muralist! Great to have you on board!
If you could post some of those in your album (in your user CP) or start a new thread and post, it would be great! I could not seem to get the images larger in your link. Thanks

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Imaginepaint (11-22-2009)
Old 11-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #13

Thank you, Chris , I'm glad you mentioned that about the images not being able to be viewed larger.... working on that!
Old 11-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Sounds like you cashed out in la la land, and made the wise choice to move to an area where the cost of living is waaay cheaper.
I am from Grover Beach Ca., and have lived in all of the "hot spots" over the years, but have settled nicely for the past three years here in MO.
I'll bet those la la dollars are going a looooooong way where you are now!
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginepaint View Post
Nope, no ducks, but woke up to gunshots.... it's deer season . BTW, here's my shutterfly website to those that requested. I'm still working on it & have dial up so it takes a long time to do anything.http://imaginethisdecorativepainting.shutterfly.com
That is some sexy work! I call dibs on lessons...
Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginepaint View Post
Beautiful work.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None