Free Painting & Decorating Education - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 05-07-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
P&D Trainer & Assessor

Rewards Points: 510
View pacificpainters.com's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to pacificpainters.com
Lightbulb Free Painting & Decorating Education

My name is Michael Farrugia, I am really impressed with this forum, great to read so many comments from professionals.

I have been a painter & decorator for 23 years and training in that field for 13 of those years. I am currently working in Fiji on an Australian AID project (APTC) assisting Pacific Islanders to become professional about painting & decorating. This ensures better asset protection, aesthetics and provides locals the opportunity to empower themselves with there own business. I am playing with my own webpage to provide free online training for professional painters (a labour of love) please visit my site and feel free to give me feedback. wwwpacificpainters.com

I would like to make my project a collaborative one, can we work on this together? Any suggestions on how we could do this?

I have met many painters here in the Pacific that make as little as $1(US) per hour, these people need help to become professional. Believe it or not they are online, they go to cheap net cafe's that don't charge very much. I hope that my site may provide these people an opportunity for free education.

I also would like to see our young apprentices in the more affluent countries gain benefit from our experience. I feel I have gained so much from being in this trade, I would like to give something back. Can we do this together? Just a thought.

I really am just brain storming at the moment but I think it could work, what do you think?

Regards

Michael Farrugia

Last edited by pacificpainters.com; 05-07-2011 at 03:59 AM..
pacificpainters.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, looks like an interesting endeavor, were you once a painter in the US? It's nice to see vocational classes still being offered, seems like they are disappearing here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
pacificpainters.com (05-07-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Born 2 Paint

Rewards Points: 1,394
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,609 Posts
View 6126's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard
6126 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6126 For This Useful Post:
pacificpainters.com (05-07-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
P&D Trainer & Assessor

Rewards Points: 510
View pacificpainters.com's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to pacificpainters.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Welcome to the forum, looks like an interesting endeavor, were you once a painter in the US? It's nice to see vocational classes still being offered, seems like they are disappearing here.
Thank you for your welcome message, yes I take pride in being qualified and experienced in this noble profession that dates back to ancient Egypt.

I was qualified in Australia with a certificate III in painting and decorating. This qualification is a three year apprenticeship (was four years until recently). I have been training and assessing in Australia for nine years and training and assessing in the Pacific for nearly four years now. I have graduates in the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Fiji and PNG as well as Australia.
pacificpainters.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

Hi and welcome!
Different Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Different Strokes For This Useful Post:
pacificpainters.com (05-08-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts