Good day! From Brooklyn, NY - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 03-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Starting out

Rewards Points: 10
View Royal LLC's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Royal LLC
Talking Good day! From Brooklyn, NY

Hey everyone.

I'm a freelance carpenter and painter. Specializing in residential interior paint projects of small and medium size. Mostly through recommendations and friends. I have possessed a passion for fine woodwork from my father, who is a wood furniture craftsman of highest quality standards. However I cannot say that I have a talent for woodwork, I mostly refer to it as my hobby.

Lately I have realized that I misrepresent myself and am willing to cut my profit to fit someone's expectations and budget. Since my business is based on word of mouth, its somewhat hard to raise prices and change habits (because of expectations). I have a habit of working restlessly to meet deadlines, as well as promising things that are not asked of me.

I began thinking of advertisement tools that might help me move on to a different level of prosperity.

So, in the Google search for answers on how to better my communication skills and professional habits, I was directed here. From a quick look around I see that most of members have enormous amount of experience under their belts. I could not help but notice that most have a website as part of their advertisement toolkit. Possibly along the side with word of mouth, yellow pages and other ads.

Since this forum is so rich with knowledge, expert opinions and good sense of humor... I hope to stick around. Maybe share my experience where I think I can relate and read up on yours.

All the best to all of you fellow craftsmen.

Alex K
Royal LLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,076
Thanked 1,311 Times in 724 Posts
View Rcon's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT
Rcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250
View Woody's Photo Album My Photos

You eat Nathans hotdogs ?

Stay frosty
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 252
View brushmonkey's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome. Great bunch here @ PT, you'll benefit large.
brushmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

I'd have to say your communication skills were pretty good, that was a great intro!

Welcome to the forum!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the great intro Alex, welcome to PT.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
Starting out

Rewards Points: 10
View Royal LLC's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Royal LLC
Wink

Thank you all for such a warm welcome.

I have some time tonight to lurk around and read up on some "stickied" threads. The last time I was on here I have collected some information that is already helping me out.

I have discovered Frog Tape!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I'd have to say your communication skills were pretty good, that was a great intro!

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you. I do have some writing (in this case - typing) skills, however I am a mess when it comes to quick decisions and on the spot deals. I often say one word too much.

I always needed time to relax and think things over, ever since I was a kid. When I do jump to a quick conclusion/decision, I usually catch myself biting nails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
You eat Nathans hotdogs ?

Stay frosty
Ahahahaha...

I actually live within 5 minutes of Coney Island's famous Nathan's. Unfortunately for me, their hotdogs carry about the same nutritional value as cardboard!

But that doesn't stop them from being the busiest business of Coney Island community, during the beach season of course.

I will see you guys around.

Alex K

Last edited by Royal LLC; 03-10-2010 at 04:03 AM..
Royal LLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None