Hello! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 12-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View SpiltBucket's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself. I am a 36 year old father of three who has owned and operated my own painting business for approximately 11 years. I have three other employees and most of our work has been related to residential painting for private parties. However, we're now trying to also make "inroads" with the remaining development contractors in hopes that we will be able to secure more "contract based" painting (on a neighborhood basis for example). Obviously, this type of work would be good for the business in an overall sense! I look forward to discussing the "issues" with everyone!
SpiltBucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the board.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
Lambrecht Painting

Rewards Points: 1,094
Thanked 1,307 Times in 656 Posts
View Lambrecht's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
I'm Colour Blind

Rewards Points: 1,008
View mistcoat's Photo Album My Photos

Hello, hello & welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mistcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Paint Store Owner

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 2,995 Times in 1,802 Posts
View NCPaint1's Photo Album My Photos

Hello, welcome, and good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
NCPaint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,000
View timhag's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiltBucket View Post
I thought I had best "stop by" and introduce myself. I've been a "painter" for over 20 years and although some of the painting I did in the past was "commercial" in nature (i.e. factories, hospitals, and municipal buildings), most of my experience is residential (single house painting, deck staining, etc.). I am really happy to be part of this forum and look forward to learning! Thanks!

timhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #7

Welcome to the board, we have many commercial and residential painters here so you should mesh just fine.

What is up with that signature?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
A Brush Above

Rewards Points: 2,598
Thanked 3,573 Times in 1,861 Posts
View Paradigmzz's Photo Album My Photos

Hello!

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it.This internet thing aint gonna last
Paradigmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

Hey sb!
Different Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
Exterior Restoration

Rewards Points: 150
View Pressure Cleaning's Photo Album My Photos

Nice to have you Splitbucket.
Pressure Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #11

Default ?

"Workaholic" -

Not that it bothers me in the least, but was your "signature" related question directed at my signature? If so, I have to admit that the signature I selected does not "reflect" well upon my true "abilities". However, whenever there is a bucket involved, I'm likely to spill at least a portion of the contents whether I'm washing cars, painting, helping my wife with the house cleaning, staining a deck/fence, etc.

As I said, "no offense" if you were indeed asking about my signature. I was just wonderin'! Thanks!

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx
Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #12

Quote:
"Workaholic" -

Not that it bothers me in the least, but was your "signature" related question directed at my signature? If so, I have to admit that the signature I selected does not "reflect" well upon my true "abilities". However, whenever there is a bucket involved, I'm likely to spill at least a portion of the contents whether I'm washing cars, painting, helping my wife with the house cleaning, staining a deck/fence, etc.

As I said, "no offense" if you were indeed asking about my signature. I was just wonderin'! Thanks!

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty." - Groucho Marx
Yes my question was directed towards you, if truth be told this thread was merged with your other intro thread which was odd as well to start two intros. We were hoping you would come back to shed some light on this because I understand that not all people are forum experts and they learn as they go. So often things a noob may do are sometimes curious to some others.

Your signature at that time was something about health care and dental care which is something spammers do, they link non paint related sites in their signatures. Honestly your links in your post still seem off to me. An Angieslist link and a Groucho Marx quote site.

So Spilt, how have you been dealing with the RRP lead laws in your area? Did you get certified or did you just decide to say no to them?

What is your go to trim paint and what are your go to money maker materials? Do you spray much? What kind of commercial jobs have you been working on? You mentioned decks a couple times what are your favorite systems for them? How long have you been n Indiana? Also Feel free to post pics of your projects in your album on your page for us to enjoy.

Not trying to offend just curious.

Last edited by Workaholic; 12-08-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #13

"Workaholic":

As far as my "merging" two introduction-related threads, being a "noob", I thought it was best to do so on the same thread. As a "noob", I also had my signature screwed up which I have since fixed. Lastly, as a "noob", I know I likely shouldn't have responded within this thread as it is entirely too relevant. In other words, I likely should have responded in a thread related to caulking or another totally unrelated thread as apparently that would make more sense.

While I have absolutely no issues addressing your questions, I didn't realize that doing so was a "requirement" to participate in this forum. Lastly, I too have lived in the deep South. Consequently, your statement relative to only being "curious" and not trying to "offend" is something which "all ya'll" might refer to as "that dog just don't hunt".

Old 12-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #14

Quote:
"Workaholic":

As far as my "merging" two introduction-related threads, being a "noob", I thought it was best to do so on the same thread. As a "noob", I also had my signature screwed up which I have since fixed. Lastly, as a "noob", I know I likely shouldn't have responded within this thread as it is entirely too relevant. In other words, I likely should have responded in a thread related to caulking or another totally unrelated thread as apparently that would make more sense.
Well you did a fine job of merging the threads and deleting all the posts that no longer fit. Another nice fix on getting rid of the healthcare signature.
I did not mean to offend with the noob comment, there is nothing wrong with being called a noob unless you have been participating here for a long time, I could see that being taken offensive.
As far as responding in another thread that would just be bizarre.

Quote:
While I have absolutely no issues addressing your questions, I didn't realize that doing so was a "requirement" to participate in this forum. Lastly, I too have lived in the deep South. Consequently, your statement relative to only being "curious" and not trying to "offend" is something which "all ya'll" might refer to as "that dog just don't hunt".

Not a requirement, My curiosity came from a few different areas. I figured you might want to help and contribute as both your intros suggested, so I asked a few simple questions to get to know you better. No reason to get overly paranoid. Another question I was wondering is are you Retired?

Last edited by Workaholic; 12-09-2010 at 09:57 PM..
Old 12-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

wassa happenin' Mr. Bucket!
Different Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None