Hello from CA! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 02-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View nararabbit's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello from CA!

Hello from SoCal! I'm a 28 y/o painter specializing in anything kitchen cabinetry, or furniture. I recently (8 mos ago) moved here from the South following my husband's car accident - the hot weather is much easier on him. Back home I subbed on any sort of cabinetry and/or furniture pieces. Anything time-consuming or extremely detailed, I was your girl! Of course, those beautiful historic homes had much more of what I did, out here not so much so I'm focusing more on kitchens. I technically have two full-time jobs; one has excellent health insurance and considering his medical bills are in the thousands of dollars per month (yeah, you read that right) you better believe that painting gets fit in around the first job!

I'm here more for technique and to learn new things. Because I don't have the time I'd like to devote to painting, I only work by word-of-mouth. Thanks to my FIL who ran his own very successful manufacturing business, he's been guiding me as to getting insurance, writing contracts, etc ever since I met my husband three years ago. I'm embarassed to say that before that time I didn't do anything of those things. You'll find that I'm reticent to give too many details because I was stalked severely due to my (now gone!) website and it still affects me to this day.
nararabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have had a tough row to hoe!
You will find lots of helpful members here, and some good business tips, feel free to jump into any thread!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,541 Posts
View PatsPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Nice intro, welcome to Painttalk and to Socal

Pat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PatsPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,548
Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,783 Posts
View Ole34's Photo Album My Photos

welcome painter girl ..........if you have any questions feel free to ask me ......im helpfull like that
Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10
View nararabbit's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the warm welcome. I admit I was little hesitant and lurked for quite a while due to some of the attitude I'd seen, but I figured I'm a tough girl and besides, constructive criticism never hurt anyone (well... maybe a little bit! ) I'm actually putting any extra $ away to take time off and learn cabinetry at Cerritos college to add another way to make $ and get to work with my hands. That's still probably a few years away though! I wonder if there are any members with cabinetry/woodworking experience here. I really enjoy anything to do with kitchens, start to finish. I get the impression I might be in the minority though!
nararabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, see you in the threads.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
SeHablaEspaņol

Rewards Points: 500
View AztecPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome!!
><
>
AztecPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome I'm from the Palm Springs area. Good luck in your endeavors.
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nararabbit View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. I admit I was little hesitant and lurked for quite a while due to some of the attitude I'd seen, but I figured I'm a tough girl and besides, constructive criticism never hurt anyone (well... maybe a little bit! ) I'm actually putting any extra $ away to take time off and learn cabinetry at Cerritos college to add another way to make $ and get to work with my hands. That's still probably a few years away though! I wonder if there are any members with cabinetry/woodworking experience here. I really enjoy anything to do with kitchens, start to finish. I get the impression I might be in the minority though!
Yeah, we are a pretty obstinate bunch, but if you stick around and get to know us, you will see we are ok! There are a few guys here that do woodworking, I am sure they will be along. You and I are more in the minority being female, but they don't hold that against us!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,000
View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome. Ignore the clique and post your thoughts!!!
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

hey! welcome
Different Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

welcome sometimes you need thick skin but mostly is tough love. lots of helpful info and people

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None