Hello from College Station, Texas - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
A Brush Above

Rewards Points: 2,598
Thanked 3,573 Times in 1,861 Posts
View Paradigmzz's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello from College Station, Texas

My name is Thomas Rodgers and I own my own business. I've been painting roughly 10 years and am always looking for insight from seasoned pros. I have been watching the discussions for some time and felt it would be only right and polite to introduce myself. I occasionally have some advice (or need to ask some advice) but I know that just throwing out my 10 cents without a "hello" is poor form.
My company name is A Brush Above and I primarily do repaint but have spent the last year doing large new res stain grade homes. I have done new res, remodel, commercial (no industrial) and I own 6 rigs from Titan 440's to Graco gmax 7900, to Titan air assisted and HVLPs. I love painting and my wife thinks I'm a painting nerd. Heck I read books like Jewitt's "Finishing" for recreation. Maybe I am a nerd. So be it.

I have done some work for some cool customers and ultimately want to see my business grow on my terms. I don't need help advertising (I actually do not try to advertise at all, straight word of mouth at this point) but I do need solid advice about better techniques as the situation arises.

I wish I had the luxury of being an apprentice in a union (at least for the regimented teaching and OJT by protocols), but have spent the last few years in trial by fire and have done alright for myself. I have worked under an amazing painter out of Ft. Collins, Colorado (Loveland to be precise) and wished I paid better attention in the time I was there. I am glad for the lessons I have learned along the way but would appreciate good, sound advice as the need arises. I am NOT an apartment painter, nor am I knocking apartment painters. I am not production, but I am not "custom" either. I believe my work is solid, but I know it can be better, faster, cleaner, more ordered etc. I have 4 employees trimmed down from 8 currently, and am trying to find the best long term fit for me and my business.

In general, I want to be the best at what I do, and will (and do) appreciate any insight those out there may have and want to do my best at offering advice to those who could learn from the mistakes I have made along the way.

Thanks for letting me jump into your guys world.....

Thomas
~A Brush Above
Paradigmzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Great intro! Glad to have you here, look forward to your posts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

Rewards Points: 1,172
Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,569 Posts
View ReNt A PaInTeR's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
ReNt A PaInTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from Calif
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Lambrecht Painting

Rewards Points: 1,094
Thanked 1,307 Times in 656 Posts
View Lambrecht's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome, you will learn a lot here. On a side note, I used to teach at Brayton Fire Field, I love College Station.

Last edited by Lambrecht; 08-29-2010 at 11:36 PM..
Lambrecht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None