Hello Everyone.. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 03-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Petero's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello Everyone..

I just Discovered this site....Great!!

I thought I'd introduce myself, and I have something to add, and something to ask.

I'm from Bath, Maine, USA, down on the coast , just north of Portland.
I've been in business since 1986, and full time since 1994. Had good years & bad years. (haven't we all?).
I've been doing mostly referal & repeat client work for years & years. Sometimes I run a crew or 2, sometimes not.

I cut my teeth & established my reputation way back when with the trend was to change all older houses from white to multi color scheme. I caught a couple of interesting Victorians, both in great high visibility locations, and did a 3-color scheme on the first & went with the 5 color on the second. Took all the old paint off & started new. People around here never saw such a thing before. So, my business grew from there.

Presently, though I still do some exteriors, I prefer interiors, though. The weather has done a number on me these past 3 years, & I'm not getting any younger.

Anyway, I just though I'd say hello to all & I look forward visiting here often.

Peter
Petero is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum. I moved this post to the intro thread for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
"Member"

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 5,705 Times in 3,060 Posts
View NEPS.US's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome Peter!

Got any pics of those victorians. I love the multi color's,
NEPS.US is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT Peter.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 500
View BC_Painter's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the party

Cheers
BC_Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 10
View Petero's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPS.US View Post
Welcome Peter!

Got any pics of those victorians. I love the multi color's,
No. I wish I did. I never got around to starting a portfolio. After 20+ years I'd have had a lot of material. Lord knows I've been into some realliy interesting projects.

The second victorian, which was only my second job as a "full time professional", I never even met the owner. It was a referal and they were a Navy couple & they were in Pensacola. We communicated by phone & mail & I'd send some polaroids down periodically. I'd call with some question or other & it was always "whatever you think best, we trust your judgement". Well, those days are surely gone.

So, I decided that if we're gonna dance...lets rock & roll! I copied the color apportionment off of a California Paints brochure & had the owner choose the main color that she wanted, then had Tru-test give me the 5 complimentary & contrasting colors. I did everything in BM Pentaflex with 20% Penatrol, 1 primer coat tinted with a quick back brush coat after set-up, & 2 finish coats. I did all of the trim detail with eggshell & the body of the house in flat, so the building sort of sparkled in places, and in other places it didn't. Looked pretty good. I sent a finished picture down & the owner was very happy. No problems getting paid or anything.

Then, sometime the following December, they were up for a visit, and I get a call from them. They saw the house live & in color. They were just thrilled...so happy that they were speechless. This was one of the first older houses in town which was painted non white-with-chrome-green shutters. I got compliments for years after that. And an added bonus...the re-paint wasn't for 12 years later. Reflects very well on me. I got a lot of work off that one. Something to be said for the old oil base paint vs the latex of today.
Petero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None