Hello everyone. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lilpaintchic
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 07:31 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 4
View AlexPej79's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello everyone.

Hi, my name is Alex.

Well I have no painting experience but did do Construction with my dad's company just he didn't do painting.

So to survive in NJ, you need to make a lot of money. I did have a great paying job but not now. I need to get paid more.

I have had people tell me to do painting because it pays good. Saw jobs on indeed for $22 per hour. Yep, I'm happy with that pay but I heard I can get paid more in my own business. I applied to place that will train me paint and power wash but no call back.

So I ask, where and what (meaning resources like books or videos) can I learn this trade.

Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Best teacher is experience. Go find a job with a PAINTING COMPANY. Start green, ask questions and learn a trade. There is no fast track. If you're looking for a fast track. Pick a Different job.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Wildbill7145 likes this.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 4
View AlexPej79's Photo Album My Photos

Smh, sounded like I got you mad.

It's not about learning it fast but learning the painting technique ahead of time. I like to learn or research beforehand, that's a way I prefer sometimes. Of course getting a job and being trained is the correct way.

I wasn't looking to learn fast.

Last edited by AlexPej79; 12-02-2018 at 04:05 PM..
Closed Thread