Hello- Lets Try This Again - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 05-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View DecorativeWalls's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello- Lets Try This Again

I imagine I should have done this the first time I registered as a member. Just forgot. I had to look to see when I first registered. Back in 2008.

Just got through reading hammerheart's introduction and he also said he was being treated as a troll as I was told the same thing.

I have been painting now for over 17 years. Come from a small town in Kentucky. I could take you there and you would still be asking where do you live. It's one of those places blink & you'll miss it. I learned to paint years ago from a really good older man which was just like a grandpa to me. He and his son had a new home construction buisness and the mother worked at the BM store (which is where I have spent many a time ). I certainly do not do the depth of what some of you do. Definitely do not do exteriors and do not hang paper. I paint to mimic paper and have removed my fair share of paper. Oh, and not getting any younger. My arms & shoulders tell me that everyday.
So this is a little bit about me. I have never been treated as a troll on some of the other forums. I have only received coldness from here. Hey, that's ok. I'm a big girl(not big in size, but I can take it.).
Cheers and have a great day.
DecorativeWalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Hello, welcome to the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome!!! Can you explain why you feel like you have been treated like a troll????
I seriously do not understand?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecorativeWalls View Post
I imagine I should have done this the first time I registered as a member. Just forgot. I had to look to see when I first registered. Back in 2008.

Just got through reading hammerheart's introduction and he also said he was being treated as a troll as I was told the same thing.

I have been painting now for over 17 years. Come from a small town in Kentucky. I could take you there and you would still be asking where do you live. It's one of those places blink & you'll miss it. I learned to paint years ago from a really good older man which was just like a grandpa to me. He and his son had a new home construction buisness and the mother worked at the BM store (which is where I have spent many a time ). I certainly do not do the depth of what some of you do. Definitely do not do exteriors and do not hang paper. I paint to mimic paper and have removed my fair share of paper. Oh, and not getting any younger. My arms & shoulders tell me that everyday.
So this is a little bit about me. I have never been treated as a troll on some of the other forums. I have only received coldness from here. Hey, that's ok. I'm a big girl(not big in size, but I can take it.).
Cheers and have a great day.
Well I don't know what you have been through, but if anyone is going to be treated badly on a forum it is usually at the very first. If new people are nice and don't pretend to be something they are not, then they usually excape the
flogging.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #5

View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome DW. I've got no pre-conceptions about you or your company. Glad to have you on board. Look forward to learning more about you and your business.

MODS or anyone else: what exactly is a troll as I have seen many post accusing others of it. BTW - you are not allowed to show a pic of me or my company to define a it.
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLaw View Post
Welcome DW. I've got no pre-conceptions about you or your company. Glad to have you on board. Look forward to learning more about you and your business.

MODS or anyone else: what exactly is a troll as I have seen many post accusing others of it. BTW - you are not allowed to show a pic of me or my company to define a it.
Well, that'll make it a little harder!
There are several ways the term is used, I think in this case it may have been a slight misunderstanding.

Definition of a troll

I think we all have a little troll in us!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
KLaw (05-30-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT DW.

Quote:

If you can't spot the troll then you might be the troll.
Here ya go buddy.
Troll
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #8

View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
Welcome to PT DW.

If you can't spot the troll then you might be the troll.
Here ya go buddy.
Troll

Sh!t by that definition - over 80% or PT members are trolls.

I wasn't looking for a text book definition. But just curious on how y'all define a troll.

Thanks - pal.
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #9
very senior member

Rewards Points: 56
Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

here you go
Attached Images

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (05-31-2010), TJ Paint (06-08-2010)
Old 05-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #10

I don't know how this fits in but funny.http://i.imgur.com/G18Gf.gif

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 10
View DecorativeWalls's Photo Album My Photos

I want to say thanks for the welcome. I don't get a lot of time to spend on the painting forums I am a member on and as I mentioned a lot of you do lots of exterior work which I don't do or bigger in depth jobs.

aaron61, you asked, "why I felt like being treated as a troll.

Well, this is from daArch:
(This AM I read your post and I thought, "Hmmm, I just don't feel like getting into it. And this kinda sounds like a fishing expedition"

well, now I can see that perhaps you WERE trolling. Hey, just my opinion
.)

Oh-daArch if you see this, you mentioned surprised I had the time to watch Ellen, well in the part of the world I live in they make such a device called a (tv-vcr). You set to record.

I
won't rehash this thread, but I did just want to say thank you. By the way, chrisn knows me on two other forums. He knows (if he reads the other responses) I am very helpful with suggestions and always polite. I know he hates Behr-
chrisn, by the way funny picture of the troll .
DecorativeWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #12

What are we we talking about here? I run into people like this all the time and I wonder.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 AM   #13

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Guy has been a member here for over two years and he is just now finding the time to do an intro. I love this site. Don't take no gruff off these swine DW.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:05 AM   #14
very senior member

Rewards Points: 56
Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecorativeWalls View Post
I want to say thanks for the welcome. I don't get a lot of time to spend on the painting forums I am a member on and as I mentioned a lot of you do lots of exterior work which I don't do or bigger in depth jobs.

aaron61, you asked, "why I felt like being treated as a troll.

Well, this is from daArch:
(This AM I read your post and I thought, "Hmmm, I just don't feel like getting into it. And this kinda sounds like a fishing expedition"

well, now I can see that perhaps you WERE trolling. Hey, just my opinion .)

Oh-daArch if you see this, you mentioned surprised I had the time to watch Ellen, well in the part of the world I live in they make such a device called a (tv-vcr). You set to record.

I won't rehash this thread, but I did just want to say thank you. By the way, chrisn knows me on two other forums. He knows (if he reads the other responses) I am very helpful with suggestions and always polite. I know he hates Behr-
chrisn, by the way funny picture of the troll .

My memory is not what it used to be( and that was never good) but ,yes,you have been helpful on the "other" boards.
Except for the promotion of Behr
Now a little more info in the introduction would be nice, name, location, etc.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 AM   #15
Right!

Rewards Points: 500
View LOSTinDETAILS's Photo Album My Photos

glad you could make it.
"If you want to go back to a time where we were just a bunch of Serfs under the control of an all powerful king - go ahead and vote republican. And not only will we be dirt poor - we'll be paying these kings rent to farm the land." -Delusional TURD
LOSTinDETAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #16
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,375 Times in 3,757 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

-- Forum Troll : "I've become dumber just by reading this. Removing you from the genepool would not only be helpful to society, but would be praised in songs for generations."

I laughed when I read this.

But thanks for showing up!

TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None