hello from notts uk - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 11-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View bobm321's Photo Album My Photos
Default hello from notts uk

hi everyone & thanks for taking the time to read my post ,

well basically ive painting for the past 2 years solid with a professional painter relation of mine whos got over 20 years experience & his own business in the painting game, unfortunately however he is due to retire within the next couple of months & he thinks im personally good enough to carry on my own , i currently hold a normal cscs card & have a my own driving licence & was thinking of advertising through business cards etc , the internet to try & get contracts or jobs , i mainly have experience in new builds & domestic properties internally but have got experience doing exterior painting as well , im pretty confident in my work & know i can i leave a good job but i would like to know & appreciate any opinions from others if its a good idea or would i be jumping the gun to speak, i do understand it would be a good idea to work with another contractor to gain more experience but due to economic climates nowhere in my regions setting on & basically i have to try & make a living as do we all , anyways as ive said any opinions or feedback would be apreciated & thanks for taking the time to read my post , thanks
gaz
bobm321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250
View David's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Hello I was in the same situation. It's scary and exciting at the same time. Good luck
David's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
RH

Rewards Points: 5,764
Thanked 15,420 Times in 8,091 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum!

Can your relative help out in a mentoring capacity as far as the business end of things go so you can learn that side more thoroughly before taking over the entire show? That can often be the most overwhelming part to someone starting out.

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
King Dude

Rewards Points: 5,002
Thanked 5,062 Times in 2,881 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to pt.

If he's retiring and owns a business is he just going to close it up? I'd see if you could take it over / buy it from him and keep him on as a mentor until you figure out the business end of things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Midwest painter

Rewards Points: 258
View Neese's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Greetings from the midwest
Neese's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 10
View bobm321's Photo Album My Photos

hi folks thanks for the replies
yes reasearchhound hes still willing to help out on the business side of things its just if hes not around for on the moment job advice im most worried about or handling dictating customers which i wouldnt really know how to handle as that side of business was down to him

thanks david thats how i feel at the moment i feel in a bit of a position where i dont know what to do , even though i would like to continue doing what i do , any advice on the situation or experiences would be welcomed

hi rbriggs82 yes unfortunately he is just closing it up , hes never ran a big business he was a sole painter for 18+ years & learnt me for the past 2 years , hes willing to help me in all aspects of passing his work to me , troubleshooting/problems that may arise but he seems confident in himself i seem more than capable of making a living from being a painter

hi neeses painting greeting to the midwest

anyway guys thanks for the posts & taking the time to read my post, im sure you will be all a great help in the future
bobm321 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobm321 For This Useful Post:
David's Painting (11-28-2012), Neese's Painting (11-28-2012), Rbriggs82 (11-28-2012)

Tags
None