Hello From SFO Bay Area - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
View workin'man's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello From SFO Bay Area

I have been reading and posting for a couple weeks now..... completely addicted! It it an incredible experience to be able to talk to so many great painters and actually get advice!

I am a certified journey painter through the state of California. I have been licensed since 95, and I have been full time for over twenty years. Prior to painting houses I painted cars. I went to The College Of Marin (CA) and studied custom painting (airbrushing) and painting and some other boring stuff like frame straightening.

My first job as a painter was shooting Greens paint remover through airless sprayers and stripping entire Victorian houses, then of coarse painting them.
I Have removed thousands of pounds of old lead based paint, painted thousands of dual hung windows.... you would think I hate it but I love it.
With the new state regs I stay away from lead.
I have lots of special coating experience.
I worked in an cabinet shop with some world class finisher.

Currently I have been switching gears to seamless resinous flooring. recently picked up a diamond grinder and I will be unveiling my new service at a local home and garden show. I have been doing epoxy coatings for 15 years off and on. I love to read specs and msds sheets, just a general information junkie!

I have always had a small company. I treat my clients with a great deal of honesty and integrity. I call it "FULL DISCLOSURE". Some people love it.

I have construction experience since my dad is a GC I was raised on a job site. I have Elmers Glue running through my veins!

I tend to be technical, but I am a smart ass by nature.

Before PT I think I was "peeking" now I see a huge mountain that is worth climbing. I felt like I was the "best" now I know I am good with room for improvement!

I am looking forward to sharing!
Gotta go for now my other job is calling "DAD GET OFF THE COMPUTER"!
workin'man is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
still in the bucket

Rewards Points: 500
View cdaniels's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from sunny eastern NC!
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdaniels For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,326
View Ultimate's Photo Album My Photos

Good to have you here workin'man. Huge area there to work in. You ever go in the surrounding areas like Marin, San Mateo and Contra Costa? You're not too far from Palo Alto either... Big money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultimate For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
King Dude

Thanked 5,029 Times in 2,856 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from SC!

|
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseOfColor View Post
Good to have you here workin'man. Huge area there to work in. You ever go in the surrounding areas like Marin, San Mateo and Contra Costa? You're not too far from Palo Alto either... Big money.
Everyone I know that has been involved in "PIGS" (the big money jobs) have pretty much been wiped out..... there were so many GC going BK out here it's sick. I've had some real good friends, and excellent painters turn back to employees with large debt. I operate in Wine Country. I try to stay in the town I live in "Santa Rosa" Eight years ago I became a one man band.
Things are picking up, and I am looking forward to getting a little help.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
Delco, Pa

Rewards Points: 502
View scottjr's Photo Album My Photos

Nice intro. Welcome to pt!
scottjr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottjr For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
RH

Rewards Points: 10,114
Thanked 15,342 Times in 8,033 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group!

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #8
Midwest painter

Rewards Points: 258
View Neese's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by workin'man View Post
I have been reading and posting for a couple weeks now..... completely addicted! It it an incredible experience to be able to talk to so many great painters and actually get advice!

I am a certified journey painter through the state of California. I have been licensed since 95, and I have been full time for over twenty years. Prior to painting houses I painted cars. I went to The College Of Marin (CA) and studied custom painting (airbrushing) and painting and some other boring stuff like frame straightening.

My first job as a painter was shooting Greens paint remover through airless sprayers and stripping entire Victorian houses, then of coarse painting them.
I Have removed thousands of pounds of old lead based paint, painted thousands of dual hung windows.... you would think I hate it but I love it.
With the new state regs I stay away from lead.
I have lots of special coating experience.
I worked in an cabinet shop with some world class finisher.

Currently I have been switching gears to seamless resinous flooring. recently picked up a diamond grinder and I will be unveiling my new service at a local home and garden show. I have been doing epoxy coatings for 15 years off and on. I love to read specs and msds sheets, just a general information junkie!

I have always had a small company. I treat my clients with a great deal of honesty and integrity. I call it "FULL DISCLOSURE". Some people love it.

I have construction experience since my dad is a GC I was raised on a job site. I have Elmers Glue running through my veins!

I tend to be technical, but I am a smart ass by nature.

Before PT I think I was "peeking" now I see a huge mountain that is worth climbing. I felt like I was the "best" now I know I am good with room for improvement!

I am looking forward to sharing!
Gotta go for now my other job is calling "DAD GET OFF THE COMPUTER"!
Welcome to paint talk! Good to have you on the forum!
Neese's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neese's Painting For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-12-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

good solid intro. welcome

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.fixit For This Useful Post:
workin'man (02-13-2013)
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
Midwest painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neese's Painting View Post

Welcome to paint talk! Good to have you on the forum!
I have a brother in the union not to far from you..He's not a painter.He's doing hvac
Old 02-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,326
View Ultimate's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Everyone I know that has been involved in "PIGS" (the big money jobs) have pretty much been wiped out..... there were so many GC going BK out here it's sick. I've had some real good friends, and excellent painters turn back to employees with large debt. I operate in Wine Country. I try to stay in the town I live in "Santa Rosa" Eight years ago I became a one man band.
Things are picking up, and I am looking forward to getting a little help.
Home of the pick n pull.... That's real life pain your talking about there. I'm content for the time being a one man op. Thing about being self employed that was attractive was being independent so to say. Only to find that the more I hired the more I depended on others....Nuts.

Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseOfColor View Post

Home of the pick n pull.... That's real life pain your talking about there. I'm content for the time being a one man op. Thing about being self employed that was attractive was being independent so to say. Only to find that the more I hired the more I depended on others....Nuts.
Pick & Pull in every town! Ther is a Salvation Army up the highway that sells cars starting at $50.
The sad thing is those heaps are driving down the road w/o insurace.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neese's Painting View Post

I have a brother in the union not to far from you..He's not a painter.He's doing hvac
Does he work for Petersons!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
Midwest painter

Quote:

Does he work for Petersons!
No he doesn't.

Tags