Here to answer questions - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Try PEP XP Free 7 Days

Rewards Points: 10
View Paint Estimator's Photo Album My Photos
Default Here to answer questions

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Paint Talk so I hope to get to know everyone on the forum better in the coming months. I'm a professional painter based in southern New England. My company specializes in hi-end residential painting both interior and exterior. Because of the area I live in we end up painting a lot of week end and vacation homes for demanding clients so for me customer service and building a strong repeat customer base is essential.

I discovered Paint Talk when I realized that the Paint Estimating Software I developed PEP XP was the topic of a few threads. If anyone has any questions about the program, if you own it and are not really using it or you want to know more about it don't hesitate to ask.

again, its good to be here.

PEP
Paint Estimator is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT,
please read the posting rules and the advertisement rules if you have not already so that do not accidentally break them by spamming or by overly aggressive self promotion. A lot of our members come here to relax and talk shop and dislike the feel of spam.
Thanks.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome PEP,
Sean is right, feel free to answer questions on your product, and even start a discussion thread here, vendors who contribute are often appreciated.
Thanks for the intro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Hello and welcome.
Will your program give me the average cost of exterior painting?
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000
View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingpainting.net View Post
Hello and welcome.
Will your program give me the average cost of exterior painting?
Good question.
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Hi Marge!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Rock On

Rewards Points: 1,000
View slickshift's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT, PE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Estimator
...I'm a professional painter based in southern New England. My company specializes in hi-end residential painting both interior and exterior. Because of the area I live in we end up painting a lot of week end and vacation homes for demanding clients so for me customer service and building a strong repeat customer base is essential.
Hey...you're me
lol

Yeah I'm hanging it out in the North Atlantic here on the Lower/Outer Cape (Cape Cod MA), and if you know the area you'll know that I know exactly what you are talking about

Although it's inferred by your statement, I might expand it to "...and complete customer trust and confidence in our services are essential..."
It's the type of situation that the number of (Off-Cape H/O's) house keys you have in your lock-box in the van is one of the best judges of client trust
And it speaks volumes...

Again, welcome to the site!

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
Try PEP XP Free 7 Days

Rewards Points: 10
View Paint Estimator's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks every one for the welcome, I'm not looking to push my product on anyone here. I've read the posting rules and will try to walk the thin line between providing anyone who is interested with answers they might have and at the same time keeping things informal and relaxing I think this is a great place just to talk shop and get to know everyone.

Hey slickshift- your exactly right its all about trust and confidence, and taking good care of the the house keys and security codes.

Hi Ewingpainting- Will my program give you the average cost of exterior painting? I'm not sure I understand the questing there are so many variables that go into the cost of any painting. My program will tell you how much its going to cost you to do any specific exterior painting job if you can answer these questions for me:

How much does it cost you to run your company day to day? this means all of your over head and expenses, your insurance, office help, your painters everything.

What is the highest wage you pay your best painter? This is your raw wage if you are the only painter then your raw wage is what you pay yourself an hour.

What is your production rate? This means how long does it take you to paint any given window or door or how many square feet of clapboard and you paint in a hour.

What is the square footage of the particular job you are bidding and what other items like doors windows and such will you have to paint.

and finaly how much proffit do you expect to make at the end of the day?

If you can answer these questons than to answer your question my program will do all of the calculations and include the amount and pice of materials you will need and give you an itemized proposal and bottom line price to charge the customer.

you see...there is no magic number that I can give you to tell you how much to charge for the average cost of exterior painting. Each one of the questions above is every personal and you should not answer them in this forum. Every painter has different pricing because everyone lives in a different place with a different cost of living, we all have different costs for our overhead and the wages we pay our worker, we all produce/paint at a different rate and no two jobs are alike, some require more prep some less. What a good software program should do is present to the customer a proposal that is easy to read and clear to understand, it should be able to accuratly calculate all of your costs and profit needs and make you as a painter look as professional as possible.

Hope this helps if you have any more questions just send me an email

PEP
Paint Estimator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paint Estimator For This Useful Post:
AztecPainting (06-23-2010), RCP (06-22-2010), slickshift (06-22-2010), Workaholic (06-22-2010)
Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Great response, PEP, will you stick around and repeat that everytime someone asks "how much"!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

I like it.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #11
Born 2 Paint

Rewards Points: 1,394
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,609 Posts
View 6126's Photo Album My Photos

Cool. Welcome aboard.
6126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #12
Rock On

Rewards Points: 1,000
View slickshift's Photo Album My Photos
Default Ayah...

I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

I have a bid due tonight.
Good stuff pe
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,541 Posts
View PatsPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingpainting.net View Post
I have a bid due tonight.
Good stuff pe
well quit clowning around and get to it

Pat

PatsPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
Right!

Rewards Points: 500
View LOSTinDETAILS's Photo Album My Photos

welcome aboard mate
"If you want to go back to a time where we were just a bunch of Serfs under the control of an all powerful king - go ahead and vote republican. And not only will we be dirt poor - we'll be paying these kings rent to farm the land." -Delusional TURD
LOSTinDETAILS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bidding, estimating software, new england, pep