Here to Help & Learn - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
Airless Anonymous

Rewards Points: 10
View Airless Anonymous's Photo Album My Photos
Lightbulb Here to Help & Learn

Hello Paint Talk world. I have just recently joined this forum. My purpose is to seek out those who have any issues or questions pertaining to airless paint sprayers. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by decades and decades of knowledge and experience in this area. So, if I don't have the answer myself, someone around me will absolutely have the answer. I feel the more informed everyone is, the better off we'll all be in the long run. I look forward to helping and hopefully learning some things myself in this community.
Airless Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Airless Anonymous For This Useful Post:
Rbriggs82 (01-03-2014)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 82
Thanked 5,825 Times in 3,138 Posts
View slinger58's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT. Glad to have you aboard.
slinger58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 340
View Sir Mixalot's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PaintTalk!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sir Mixalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
RH

Rewards Points: 10,130
Thanked 15,342 Times in 8,033 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum!

Portland Compressor is a class outfit .

Dan

Groucho Marx

Last edited by RH; 01-15-2014 at 04:10 PM..
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
Rbriggs82 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
King Dude

Thanked 5,029 Times in 2,856 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome aboard!

|
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 564
Thanked 1,331 Times in 565 Posts
View MIZZOU's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from NW Missouri!

Dave
MIZZOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 25
View jwilks75's Photo Album My Photos

I've bought my last two airless sprayers from you guys at Portland Compressor and saved a couple hundred over what the local offerings were on each. Very pleased and have recommended you to a few painter friends of mine.

My question has to do with extra length of hose. The smaller pumps we use are the Graco 490s for interior trim work and I usually add a additional 50' of 1/4" hose with a 3 foot 3/16" whip on the end. I think the last time I checked 200' is recommended max hose length on the 490s so I've always used same diameter hose that comes with the pump. Another painter I was talking to recommended when adding hose to use a 3/8" from the pump to the 1/4" hose leading to the gun to help minimize pressure drop. I walked away pretty skeptical since I'm only running half of the max hose length and in order to run the 3//8" I would have to use a 1/4" to 3/8" union at the pump. We have been using higher viscosity coatings since progressing over to waterborne enamels. Using a 11 orifice tip doesn't require much pressure and I told him I doubt I'd see any difference. The only reason I was still considering checking into this is for times when we're slammed and the 490s fill in for some exterior work with a 517 tip. This is the only time I can see this making any difference. If there is a true advantage then I might try it, but I'm still up against the fence figuring this guy is just blowing smoke.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

HI J a 3/8 hose is a useful item when using a number of lengths of hose but usually on the larger machines. it would be to bulky for a 490.
usually you find that on the larger machines that have a chassis on wheels. It does help the pump to push bigger, heavier material which the 490 is not suited for. for the output of the 490 I would not recommend more than 100 feet of 1/4 inch hose with a 3 foot whip

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.fixit For This Useful Post:
jwilks75 (01-19-2014)
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,331
Thanked 1,168 Times in 635 Posts
View Hines Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Salutations...

|
|
Hines Painting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#airlesspaintsprayer, #faq