Hey guys new to contracting - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 03-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View klucas007's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hey guys new to contracting

Great site, guys know your stuff!

I grew up on the automotive and aerospace side of painting. Finally started my own company and need to learn a little ( a lot! ) more about the airless side of painting and all of the painting processes that fall into the contractor category.

Look forward to learning from you guys!
klucas007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
King Dude

Thanked 5,036 Times in 2,862 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from sunny South Carolina!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
RH (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from MA. Contact your local paint store that sells spraying equipment. Weather it Graco or Titan, ask them to have a rep come to either the store or a place you can meet them and go over your rig options. Most will give you a demonstration on how to use and clean the sprayer and how to care for it.

Honestly I would start with a cheap Home Depot Graco or Titan for a few hundred bucks. Get used to it then spend the money on a good one. I had a cheap $200.00 Titan that lasted me almost 4 years, that's a good amount of time for a cheap one to last.

Care for your sprayer like it's your baby and it will last for a very long time.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,112
Thanked 9,545 Times in 5,411 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by klucas007 View Post
Great site, guys know your stuff!

I grew up on the automotive and aerospace side of painting. Finally started my own company and need to learn a little ( a lot! ) more about the airless side of painting and all of the painting processes that fall into the contractor category.

Look forward to learning from you guys!
Welcome Klucas!

I really doubt you'll need to learn much about paint applications here at PT, given your background. However, you will learn a great deal about work ethics, getting old, and tips on BBQ'ing, from the sunny California coast to the shark infested waters of Australia.
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
RH

Rewards Points: 10,204
Thanked 15,353 Times in 8,040 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT!

Dan

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

welcome to PT. In spite of what CAPainter says there is a lot to learn in all of the threads here.

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.fixit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,112
Thanked 9,545 Times in 5,411 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fixit View Post
welcome to PT. In spite of what CAPainter says there is a lot to learn in all of the threads here.
Given Klucas's back ground in aerospace and automotive painting, I'm confident it wouldn't take a whole lot of PT searches to understand residential applications, or how to use an airless. I'm certain he had much greater challenges adapting to the equipment required in the other industries he described.

But I'm in agreement with you. Klucas will find a whole lot of information at PT concerning, paint products, marketing, getting old, business management, spelling and grammar, web design, graphic arts, BBQ'ing, safety, personal conduct, job site logistics, clothing styles, work ethics, specialty applications (faux/wallcovering), politics, employee relations, business growth, public relations, and a whole lot of fun!
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CApainter View Post
Given Klucas's back ground in aerospace and automotive painting, I'm confident it wouldn't take a whole lot of PT searches to understand residential applications, or how to use an airless. I'm certain he had much greater challenges adapting to the equipment required in the other industries he described.

But I'm in agreement with you. Klucas will find a whole lot of information at PT concerning, paint products, marketing, getting old, business management, spelling and grammar, web design, graphic arts, BBQ'ing, safety, personal conduct, job site logistics, clothing styles, work ethics, specialty applications (faux/wallcovering), politics, employee relations, business growth, public relations, and a whole lot of fun!
You forgot the most important thing he will learn about. BACON
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Epoxy Pro For This Useful Post:
CApainter (03-12-2014)

Tags
None