Hey.. (not sure i'm at the right place) - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 03-31-2012, 03:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View The Word's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hey.. (not sure i'm at the right place)

Hey, I'm a new user and I wanted to say hello and all but altogether I'm still a little anxious that I'm not exactly at the right place.. I'm an amateur painter, a starting one actually, and would like to get comments for my work, is this the right place?
I managed to see a lot of talk about trading and buisness and such, this is not my direction, is this site suitable for merely learning to paint and sharing my art?
The Word is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 508
View wills fresh coat's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Word View Post
Hey, I'm a new user and I wanted to say hello and all but altogether I'm still a little anxious that I'm not exactly at the right place.. I'm an amateur painter, a starting one actually, and would like to get comments for my work, is this the right place?
I managed to see a lot of talk about trading and buisness and such, this is not my direction, is this site suitable for merely learning to paint and sharing my art?
Post your questions, if the you don't pass the smell test the greenies will whack ya........post away
wills fresh coat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,375 Times in 3,757 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

This is mainly full of idiot painters that paint buildings and walls, not art.

But if you have some technical questions we might be able to help but you might be steered away by the mean mods at some point.

Don't cut off your ear and please don't tell me you're into Monet... unless you are. I'll try to respect that.

I think Goya's work and Diego Rivera.

Francis Bacon is brilliant.
Attached Thumbnails
Hey.. (not sure i'm at the right place)-471px-study_after_velazquezs_portrait_of_pope_innocent_x.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TJ Paint; 03-31-2012 at 05:29 AM..
TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
painter extraordinaire

Rewards Points: 1,066
Thanked 1,078 Times in 611 Posts
View Brian C's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
as you say, you are a amateur, but this board is for professionals. Better for you to come back when you have a few years under the belt !
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian C View Post
as you say, you are a amateur, but this board is for professionals. Better for you to come back when you have a few years under the belt !
reading some of the questions over the past few months there are some amateurs posing as pros in here...at least this guy is honest, we should mold him? But first we need to find out what kind of painter he is, he may paint on canvas and not sheetrock. If that's the case the greenies will whack him, don't worry
Old 03-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #6

Here's an example of my work:
http://thelordshaper.deviantart.com/#/d4ukxzo

I paint on paper mostly. I never studied how to paint but rather taught myself, thus call myself "amateur".

Last edited by The Word; 03-31-2012 at 08:08 AM..
Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Paint View Post
This is mainly full of idiot painters that paint buildings and walls, not art.

But if you have some technical questions we might be able to help but you might be steered away by the mean mods at some point.

Don't cut off your ear and please don't tell me you're into Monet... unless you are. I'll try to respect that.

I think Goya's work and Diego Rivera.

Francis Bacon is brilliant.
Do you know a good forum for art then?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 264
View HQP2005's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills fresh coat View Post
reading some of the questions over the past few months there are some amateurs posing as pros in here...at least this guy is honest, we should mold him? But first we need to find out what kind of painter he is, he may paint on canvas and not sheetrock. If that's the case the greenies will whack him, don't worry
Wills, If it werent for us amateurs posing as pros, there wouldnt be much left for you to make your cranky comments on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HQP2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQP2005 View Post
Wills, If it werent for us amateurs posing as pros, there wouldnt be much left for you to make your cranky comments on.
What was "cranky" about that post?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 264
View HQP2005's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills fresh coat View Post
What was "cranky" about that post?
My comment was meant to be light hearted, but since I already have my foot in my mouth.

Sometimes your comments remind me of that movie, "Grumpy Old Men".

This is not a jab, I happend to have alot of respect for the generations that came before.

But ust out of curiousity, Is my sense that you belong to an older generation correct, or am I way off.

HQP2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HQP2005 For This Useful Post:
TJ Paint (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQP2005 View Post
My comment was meant to be light hearted, but since I already have my foot in my mouth.

Sometimes your comments remind me of that movie, "Grumpy Old Men".

This is not a jab, I happend to have alot of respect for the generations that came before.

But ust out of curiousity, Is my sense that you belong to an older generation correct, or am I way off.
Matt, I guess havin a 15yo daughter can make you a little cranky at times...but to answer your question I'm 48...I put a pic of her and I in the faces to names thread, check it out if you get a min
Old 03-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #12

Rewards Points: 1,112
Thanked 9,545 Times in 5,411 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Word,

Even though you're probably not at the best place to have a mature and honest discussion about your artistic technique and potential, I appreciate you sharing your creativity non the less. Thanks
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CApainter For This Useful Post:
HQP2005 (03-31-2012), prototype66 (03-31-2012), StripandCaulk (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CApainter View Post
Word,

Even though you're probably not at the best place to have a mature and honest discussion about your artistic technique and potential, I appreciate you sharing your creativity non the less. Thanks
Thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Sup!

Rewards Points: 250
View prototype66's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Do you know a good forum for art then?
Hey Word..whattup.
Try registering with DeviantART. That place is perfect for you and 99% of the people there are an artist of some kind. I am on there but I am more the 1% ! lol
need a link see my sig.

or

prototype66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 2,754
Thanked 2,064 Times in 1,356 Posts
View mudbone's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CApainter View Post
Word,

Word for the day!
mudbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None