Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Hi everyone

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  goga 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello from sunny Seattle. Got across this forum when was looking for some estimates examples, from the first look really knowledgeable crowd to talk to.

I'm kind of getting back into the painting business, had about 20 years of break from painting big construction sites, mostly new apartments, and some residential side jobs sort of to say, and looking for some advises how to estimate and bid the projects, it was a while.

Buddy of mine asked me to paint his apartment building with 70 units in it after I've painted his 5k sf house a year ago, so I had to kind of put a side my trucking business for a bit and now while started to work on the building, doing licensing and whole nine yards to have a separate line of services, painting in this case.

Is it a must to have insurance and bond if I work by myself at this point? Or just the business license will suffice? And how do I estimate the building, I do it for a buddy of mine, so just gave him a fair bid in order to make the same as on previous job, but for the future reference wanted to know how the job estimated "the right way" in order to grow.

Well, that's about it for the first post. Hope to be welcomed by the crowd in white overalls))

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.