Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum

Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum (https://www.painttalk.com/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.painttalk.com/f3/)
-   -   Hi folks. (https://www.painttalk.com/f3/hi-folks-2223/)

Formulator 05-29-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermontpainter (Post 26812)
I have seen work done by other painters, and I am honestly the best.


I don't remember any of your stuff, but this was honestly the most mind-blowing impressive thing I've seen on here:

https://www.painttalk.com/showthread.php?t=2048


Simply amazing.

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPS.US (Post 26818)
Can you make me a toe polish paint that will make me taller?


I have an uncle who is really tall. My family keeps track of that sort of thing.




NEPS.US 05-29-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formulator (Post 26819)
I don't remember any of your stuff, but this was honestly the most mind-blowing impressive thing I've seen on here:

https://www.painttalk.com/showthread.php?t=2048


Simply amazing.

Agreed!
can you make a super paint that can does what Foil does in one coat?

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:00 PM

[quote=Formulator;26819]I don't remember any of your stuff,/quote]

That is believable. Clearly you have spent alot of time lurking around here...enough to know that I never post pictures of my companies work. I dont believe in sharing visual representations of the trade secrets that have taken me a lifetime to accumulate. You are correct, no pictures from me. Perhaps if you pm me I could send you one.




Formulator 05-29-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPS.US (Post 26815)
Well it would help to know what market your looking to attract.

Hrmmm... from what I've seen I would venture to say that I just want people to say "yeah, that's by far the best paint you can get". To say much more would give you a good idea of where I am!

NEPS.US 05-29-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formulator (Post 26819)
I don't remember any of your stuff, but this was honestly the most mind-blowing impressive thing I've seen on here:

https://www.painttalk.com/showthread.php?t=2048


Simply amazing.

V's stuff is forgetable ...next to mine ...of course

Formulator 05-29-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermontpainter (Post 26820)
I have an uncle who is really tall. My family keeps track of that sort of thing.

Ironically, Rohm and Haas was, at one point, wanting to make nail polish because "you can make that stuff and sell it for 6 dollar an ounce!"

Formulator 05-29-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPS.US (Post 26821)
Agreed!
can you make a super paint that can does what Foil does in one coat?


I wish.

Formulator 05-29-2008 10:05 PM

[quote=vermontpainter;26822]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Formulator (Post 26819)
I don't remember any of your stuff,/quote]

That is believable. Clearly you have spent alot of time lurking around here...enough to know that I never post pictures of my companies work. I dont believe in sharing visual representations of the trade secrets that have taken me a lifetime to accumulate. You are correct, no pictures from me. Perhaps if you pm me I could send you one.


I still can't PM. :(

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the most intriguing thread ever. I cant wait to tune in tomorrow and see if formulator's boss gives him permission to tell us about his invention.




Formulator 05-29-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermontpainter (Post 26829)
This is the most intriguing thread ever. I cant wait to tune in tomorrow and see if formulator's boss gives him permission to tell us about his invention.


I won't tell you about my invention. I will simply be able to assist you as best as I can with any of your paint questions.

Further, I want to be able to learn from you folks about what it is that makes the best paints possible.

It's kind of weird. I think, in the industry, we have an idea of what a paint is supposed to look and feel like, when it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. My personal opnion is that most traditional paints are too runny and thin. So new formulation chemists come in and try to copy those in terms of rheology (thickness, flow etc...) and never come out with anything better. This just ends up in a cycle of having the same old stuff out there with a few slight modifications.

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:14 PM

[quote=Formulator;26832]I won't tell you about my invention.

Crap...I will toss and turn all night, every night.

It's kind of weird. I think, in the industry, we have an idea of what a paint is supposed to look and feel like, when it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. My personal opnion is that most traditional paints are too runny and thin. So new formulation chemists come in and try to copy those in terms of rheology (thickness, flow etc...) and never come out with anything better. This just ends up in a cycle of having the same old stuff out there with a few slight modifications

You really havent been following whats going on in the world of paint technologies, huh?




Formulator 05-29-2008 10:15 PM

[quote=vermontpainter;26833]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Formulator (Post 26832)
I won't tell you about my invention.

Crap...I will toss and turn all night, every night.

It's kind of weird. I think, in the industry, we have an idea of what a paint is supposed to look and feel like, when it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. My personal opnion is that most traditional paints are too runny and thin. So new formulation chemists come in and try to copy those in terms of rheology (thickness, flow etc...) and never come out with anything better. This just ends up in a cycle of having the same old stuff out there with a few slight modifications

You really havent been following whats going on in the world of paint technologies, huh?


Care to educate me then sir? Honestly I would like to hear your thoughts on what you think is new and where they are heading.

NEPS.US 05-29-2008 10:19 PM

OK Mr. Formulator
what do you get when you mix
OY 1x-3.00
BK 0x-8.00
DS 0x-9.00
GY 0x-4.00
in a medium base ????????

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dum de dum dum dum its not on google huh?




Formulator 05-29-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEPS.US (Post 26835)
OK Mr. Formulator
what do you get when you mix
OY 1x-3.00
BK 0x-8.00
DS 0x-9.00
GY 0x-4.00
in a medium base ????????


Haha. I don't do colors is what I think you're referring to considering you are talking about tint bases. The guy across my lab bench does that.

If that's what you're not talking about then I'm sorry, but that's nomenclature that I'm not familiar with.

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:28 PM

I guess thats just about 'nuff said...send in the guy across the bench from you, he sounds more interesting




Formulator 05-29-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vermontpainter (Post 26837)
dum de dum dum dum its not on google huh?


heh. I think gina can verify I'm legit. In fact she flew out to see me last week.

I guess I should stop posting for now until I can talk to my boss. I'm getting a kind of "natives are hostile" vibe now.

vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got a secret!




vermontpainter 05-29-2008 10:36 PM

Well, sometimes around here just when you think you have seen it all...an inventor with a secret paint innovation that he cant reveal until he asks his boss. Calls himself the formulator and is not familiar with the nomenclature of paint formulas...:boat:





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.