Hi folks. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 156
View Formulator's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hi folks.

I'm currently a chemist at a major paint company working on some of the lower VOC paints. I don't have anything out on the market yet in the paint industry, however I've become pretty well "schooled" in my time at the company.

I will try to answer any paint questions anyone may have.

Thanks.

I forgot to add: Can one of the moderators please allow me the ability to PM folks? I anticipate good things to come in the future and sure would love to hear from all of you folks.

Last edited by Formulator; 05-29-2008 at 06:53 PM..
Formulator is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000
View timhag's Photo Album My Photos

Nice to have someone like you, welcome from Pittsburgh Pa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

timhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #3

Thanks Tim.

I'm not really sure what I should or shouldn't say at the moment. I really want to talk to my boss about this place and sort of develop a relationship with some of you folks around here. In fact, I had an idea from looking through some of the pictures, but will bring you those details later if it comes to fruition.

After reading many threads, I truly wish some of you folks could try out my "top-secret" work. I think you would love it. When it does get to a point that I can "unveil" it, I think it would be great to hear what you guys and gals have to say about it.

I would say "the" top problem that I, as a paint chemist, have to deal with is that I have such high expectations for what I'm working on that sometimes I think, realistically, you guys who are the pros would never expect such performance. This isn't to say I'm not making the best product I can, but, specifically with my specific chemistry, I have a HUGE challenge to overcome.

I wish I could say more, but I can't. I'm going to ask permission from my boss to be able to speak more freely about what company I work for etc.. very soon.

Thanks.

p.s. Tim, you do great work from what I've seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #4

How do we try out your "TOP SECRET WORK"? We had another have some of us test out their product and report back. They gave free digital cameras just for testing. Let us know what we can do to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhag View Post
How do we try out your "TOP SECRET WORK"? We had another have some of us test out their product and report back. They gave free digital cameras just for testing. Let us know what we can do to help.

Haha.

Tim. I talked to Gina today and yesterday too! Also, my girlfriend loves the camera. So yeah. I got to try it out too. I keep telling her boss he needs to give her a raise!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #6

So you have found this place thru Gina?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #7

Quote:
So you have found this place thru Gina?
No. I have been researching some things and this seemed like the place that has the most intelligent discussions about real world use of paints.

I did tell her that I ran into her posts on here though and teased her about it a bit.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #8

Cool, let us know what we can do to help you out. I'm sure some of the guys would like to try your "Top Secret" work.

Where are you from?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Cool, let us know what we can do to help you out. I'm sure some of the guys would like to try your "Top Secret" work.

Where are you from?

Like I said before, I can't really say just yet. I would like to clear it with my boss before I can speak freely about where I work. It really is a super-competitive industry and I absolutely love my job and bosses and wouldn't want to jeopardize that.

Once I get the go-ahead, which I hope to have by tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to develop this symbiotic relationship with the forum users further.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #10

I think there is a 15 post limit b 4 you can start pming, maybe the mods will grant your request.

Last edited by timhag; 05-29-2008 at 09:13 PM..
Old 05-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #11

Quote:
I think their is a 15 post limit b 4 you can start pming, maybe the mods will grant your request.

+1 for me then I guess? I'm just hoping this all works out ok. I'm just curious about one thing which maybe the members can clear up?

Mythic Paint... I've heard of it but never tried it. Doesn't their representative violate the rules quite often?

"Users who post messages that promote any products or services that they sell or provide will be deleted."

I think what he says is fine personally. If he believes that strongly in what he is posting about then great. The professionals will be the deciding factor in the future for him. I just don't want to recommend something other than what we sell if our testing proves ours to be the best and have that considered to be "promoting" our product in violation of the rules. I would simply want to promote our product if it was honestly the best for what you were looking for.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #12

Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Although your language is guarded and cryptic, I can read between the lines well enough to identify what technology you claim to be working. I can certainly relate to your "challenge" and I am confident that when you get to the point of "unveiling" you will get lots of feedback. Many here will be hesitant to share though, and will certainly not participate in receiving anything in the mail. So you know, there is a strong population of painters, well represented here, who are in the witness protection program. Oddly, the paint trade is considered to be among the safest covers.

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #13

FO, this forum is set up to get help and help others. I hope you're not here to sell your product but, to learn and give advice.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontpainter View Post
Although your language is guarded and cryptic, I can read between the lines well enough to identify what technology you claim to be working. I can certainly relate to your "challenge" and I am confident that when you get to the point of "unveiling" you will get lots of feedback. Many here will be hesitant to share though, and will certainly not participate in receiving anything in the mail. So you know, there is a strong population of painters, well represented here, who are in the witness protection program. Oddly, the paint trade is considered to be among the safest covers.

Haha.. Well I like your humor, but I love my job that much and my boss says a "good dose of paranoia" is a good thing. At the end of the day he is a good and reasonable guy, so I'll hopefully be able to tell you more tomorrow and this weekend.

So now you've got me curious. What do you guess the technology is and the "challenge" is that I have? You claim (I know.. you were being sarcastic) that you can read between the lines, so take your best guess!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulator View Post

So now you've got me curious. What do you guess the technology is and the "challenge" is that I have? You claim (I know.. you were being sarcastic) that you can read between the lines, so take your best guess!
Only if you will reveal the truth if he is correct.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #16

Quote:
FO, this forum is set up to get help and help others. I hope you're not here to sell your product but, to learn and give advice.
No no. I am honestly interested in making the best product I can. I don't believe I can do that unless I talk to real people who use paint every day in their line of work.

To give you an example. My parents were asking about an application that they have a need for. I had to recommend a competitor because we simply don't have what they needed for that specific thing. I would base my recommendations on honesty and not on brand loyalty.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Only if you will reveal the truth if he is correct.

Haha. I can't do that. How about I promise a free sample made in my lab by the inventor (me) personally if he is correct?

Note that I can't sample this to anyone for a good while, but I will come through on it.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulator View Post
Haha. I can't do that. How about I promise a free sample made in my lab by the inventor (me) personally if he is correct?

Note that I can't sample this to anyone for a good while, but I will come through on it.
If you can deliver a free sample to V, then you are located in Vermont. We don't need to read between the line when you are this easy.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #19

Need six more post and you'll be able to pm.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #20

Quote:
If you can deliver a free sample to V, then you are located in Vermont. We don't need to read between the line when you are this easy.
There's this thing called "mail". We use it quite a bit!

Ship with the MSDS and free sample to his door!

Tags
None