Howdy! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 08-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Paintpickerouter's Photo Album My Photos
Default Howdy!

Greetings fellow paint pros! I am thrilled to have found your fabulous site and look forward to picking your big brains on all things paint related.

I've been with my employer for 20+ years, starting out in wallcovering and window treatments. I was cross trained into our paint dept a few years ago, but I've learned that not a day goes by that I don't learn something new about coatings. Every situation is different and presents an opportunity wrapped in a challenge, and for that, I am grateful. I love the problem solving required, and especially love when the end result is fantastic.

Thank you Paint Talk for providing this forum
Paintpickerouter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, love your screen name! So do you do color consulting for customers?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #3

Good morning RCP, yes, I do color consulting as part of my schtick. When the economy started to tank, I approached my manager about being cross trained into our paint dept (for job security). So now I can do darn near anything at the store. I still have a lot of technical stuff to learn. Seriously, how many primers do we really need?

Not super happy about ruining clothes/shoes/manicures due to paint spills, but hey, what are you gonna do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
A Brush Above

Rewards Points: 2,598
Thanked 3,573 Times in 1,861 Posts
View Paradigmzz's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it.This internet thing aint gonna last
Paradigmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintpickerouter View Post
Good morning RCP, yes, I do color consulting as part of my schtick. When the economy started to tank, I approached my manager about being cross trained into our paint dept (for job security). So now I can do darn near anything at the store. I still have a lot of technical stuff to learn. Seriously, how many primers do we really need?

Not super happy about ruining clothes/shoes/manicures due to paint spills, but hey, what are you gonna do?
Welcome from mass.

I'm assuming you work retail - we have a few others here doing that also. What paint brands to you sell?

I install wallcoverings only (no longer paint) - you sell just the average home owner brands (FSC, York, Blonder, Brewster, etc) or some higher end stuff (Osborne and Little, Farrow & Ball, Brunschwig et fils, etc)

Also, can I assume by "manicure" we have another lady in the house? (Always good to add balance)

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #6

Thanks for the nice welcomes

Yes, I am a retailer selling Hirshfields, Ben Moore, Devine, some Glidden, Modern Masters, and I have access to Ralph Lauren.

I am seeing an uptick in wallcovering sales. Sanderson & Seabrook seem to be the hot brands at the moment, but I sell all those brands you mentioned. Large graphic patterns done strategically seem to be all the rage.

That, and flocked. Yes, I said flocked.

I LOVE wallcovering! Always have, always will.

I am a lady, though lifting fives is hardly ladylike I just can't seem to make it look feminine no matter how hard I try. Could be all the grunting I do while tinting those bad boys. I do not enjoy that part of the job. At all.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the intro and welcome to the forum, I look forward to your contributions.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
Painting & More

Rewards Points: 542
View A+HomeWork's Photo Album My Photos

Good to have you. I would have named you "Liquidcoatingsselectiontechnician". Much catchier in my opinion. LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #9

Thank you for the nice welcomes PaintTalkPeeps! I like that name A+, very creative!

Have a great day! Improve the world, one coat of paint at a time
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #10
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to pt.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:03 PM   #11
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintpickerouter View Post
Thanks for the nice welcomes

Yes, I am a retailer selling Hirshfields, Ben Moore, Devine, some Glidden, Modern Masters, and I have access to Ralph Lauren.

I am seeing an uptick in wallcovering sales. Sanderson & Seabrook seem to be the hot brands at the moment, but I sell all those brands you mentioned. Large graphic patterns done strategically seem to be all the rage.

That, and flocked. Yes, I said flocked.

I LOVE wallcovering! Always have, always will.

I am a lady, though lifting fives is hardly ladylike I just can't seem to make it look feminine no matter how hard I try. Could be all the grunting I do while tinting those bad boys. I do not enjoy that part of the job. At all.
Yup, wallcovering is on the upswing again. And just tell those FLOCKED customers to get the FLOCK out of here. I FLOCKIN hate that stuff.

I was just thinking today, after hanging a Ralph Lauren chart wallpaper, that I have hung four map/chart wallpapers in the last three months. B&F, Nation'l Geo, Ralph, and Environmental Graphics World atlas. And another customer may soon.

Is this some trend I'm seeing?

As far as lifting those 5's and being "ladylike", just don't accidentally pass gas and no one will think less of you.

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None