Howe Fine Finish in Seattle. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
Wizard

Rewards Points: 10
View howe's Photo Album My Photos
Default Howe Fine Finish in Seattle.

I am glad to have found a place where real discussion takes place! I'm a new General Contractor in Seattle, WA. For the most part have always been a painter, an old school fine brushworker and now forced to spray 80% of the time.

I picked a great time to start my company of one (hear sarcasm) with this RRP business. Took the class a few weeks ago, none of my questions or arguments were answered, but I was given the number for the NW EPA rep. I am sitting here counting down till the 22nd, when I will still have two crusty exterior re-paints going. Trying to explain that the sun and plastic and moisture are sure to take out that garden you have worked so hard on for 20 years. Yeah! and uh ... Well I can't scrape any of that loose paint????? Nobody makes shrouds for any tool other than 6 inch grinders???? Can't find an approved HEPA vac here in Seattle nor have I seen good reviews on reasonably priced vacs online. Doesn't the EPA also discourage the use of petroleum based products??? and does OSHA allow you to walk on or set ladders on plastic?? Lots of WT_'s

I have always done dust containment inside, and always done my best to bag the chips. It seems like the epa is part of a job stimulus scheme, or they want to scare people into buying new homes to rescue that market.

OOPs. the main reason I have come .. is to share and learn ... not to complain (however relevant it may be). Still smiling
howe is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT Howe.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 252
View brushmonkey's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome from down south in Portland.
brushmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brushmonkey For This Useful Post:
howe (04-28-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25
View alta's Photo Album My Photos

welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

alta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
RIP 2017

Rewards Points: 500
View VanDamme's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by howe View Post
I am glad to have found a place where real discussion takes place! I'm a new General Contractor in Seattle, WA. For the most part have always been a painter, an old school fine brushworker and now forced to spray 80% of the time.
I picked a great time to start my company of one (hear sarcasm) with this RRP business. Took the class a few weeks ago, none of my questions or arguments were answered, but I was given the number for the NW EPA rep. I am sitting here counting down till the 22nd, when I will still have two crusty exterior re-paints going. Trying to explain that the sun and plastic and moisture are sure to take out that garden you have worked so hard on for 20 years. Yeah! and uh ... Well I can't scrape any of that loose paint????? Nobody makes shrouds for any tool other than 6 inch grinders???? Can't find an approved HEPA vac here in Seattle nor have I seen good reviews on reasonably priced vacs online. Doesn't the EPA also discourage the use of petroleum based products??? and does OSHA allow you to walk on or set ladders on plastic?? Lots of WT_'s
I have always done dust containment inside, and always done my best to bag the chips. It seems like the epa is part of a job stimulus scheme, or they want to scare people into buying new homes to rescue that market.
OOPs. the main reason I have come .. is to share and learn ... not to complain (however relevant it may be). Still smiling
Yup! Can't wait to see how the number of lead poisoning cases has dropped exponentially by this date next year And to think, it will only cost millions and millions of (our) dollars.
VanDamme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VanDamme For This Useful Post:
howe (04-28-2010)
Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #7
workin

Rewards Points: 250
View painting247's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome!

facebook

A job can be where you go to work
or where you come to LIFE.
painting247 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to painting247 For This Useful Post:
howe (04-28-2010)
Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,076
Thanked 1,311 Times in 724 Posts
View Rcon's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT
Rcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags