I'm still here - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 150
View greensboro84's Photo Album My Photos
Default I'm still here

I don't post often anymore, but I just wanted to say hey and let everyone know I'm stil alive! Since I quit working for the last painting crew I was with, they've went through 3 painters since then, that I know of. Things have gotten so bad around here and when I tried asked if I could do some work with them, they said they were to slow to pay me. So I took a sleazeball job as a lead generator, and I'm seriously to ashamed to mention for who(did you know a certain store now offers paint "installation", using "local pros"), but at least I'm still connected to the industry and I'm learning a different side of the business. I've also been helping out the family business(actually, they are helping me by letting me work with them!), which is the electrical field, wireman, not lineman. I like it, but it's hell on the body, I don't know what's worse, the fumes from painting, or the sore joints from electrical work. Anyway, that's an update.
greensboro84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Good to hear you are still hanging in there, i say jump into that electrical job. and work PT @ the HD while lining up side paint jobs from the confused customers that come in.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
tsevnami

Rewards Points: 1,000
View tsunamicontract's Photo Album My Photos

well, you will have to give us all the dirt on HD and Behr and what goes on there. If you do this, we (I) will forgive you
tsunamicontract is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
JTP

Rewards Points: 500
View JTP's Photo Album My Photos
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
Good to hear you are still hanging in there, i say jump into that electrical job. and work PT @ the HD while lining up side paint jobs from the confused customers that come in.
Agreed aholic--Greenman--you simply corner a customer in the paint department and sell a paint job.

You: Hello mam/sir, my name is ____________. I work here on a part time basis but make my living painting. If you'd like to save yourself some time and trouble, and get a super job at a realistic price, here is my card. I'd be happy to give you a free estimate.

Potential Customer: What kind of paint do you use?

You: Any kind you want, but I have some personal preferences that work well for me and my other customers.

Once you generate a little small talk, it is relatively easy to develop an initial trust in the potential customer. Show sincerity, be real, be honest, and get the job my friend.

JTP
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None