Impossible to touch up sprayed walls? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Delta Painting
  • 2 Post By loaded brush
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #1

View Ski2018's Photo Album My Photos
Default Impossible to touch up sprayed walls?

Is it possible to touch up walls that have been sprayed with no backroll without having to spray the entire wall?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

View Ski2018's Photo Album My Photos

About myself: Profession is in steel fabrication industry. We apply standard shop primers, two part epoxy systems, zinc rich primers, etc. Running two heated 60' booths. Question asked is in regards to my personal house. Thanks for any input.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 188
View Delta Painting's Photo Album My Photos

I have never not back rolled sprayed walls, I would cut and roll them corner to corner, Lid to base. Good luck..

In before the lock!~
jennifertemple likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 46
View PaPainter724's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Painting View Post
I have never not back rolled sprayed walls, I would cut and roll them corner to corner, Lid to base. Good luck..

In before the lock!~

This is your best option. Other than that, you're going to have to probably try a foam roller or something similar, maybe velour? Or buy one of those aerosol can kits to try and spray just that spot with, but it still might flash.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #5
Professional Painter

Rewards Points: 621
View loaded brush's Photo Album My Photos

Negative on just touching up a wall that was sprayed. It's why 90% of guys back roll their spray work, so touching up can be done.
Brushman4 and cocomonkeynuts like this.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Nope. Not gonna happen if you want flawless anyway. And....yes. locked and redirected in 3,2,1...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpaintchic For This Useful Post:
Wildbill7145 (11-20-2018)
Closed Thread