Internet Digital Guru & Painter 30 years. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 06-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 22
View michaeljmann2000's Photo Album My Photos
Default Internet Digital Guru & Painter 30 years.

"Just when I thought I was out. . .. they pull me back in"

I am CCL#510643 and am thankful for a trade that has carried me through thick and thin, especially thin as it is a blessing to be able to put an ad up on craigslist and find work, usually with real nice people.

30 years now I am licensed in California and have serviced too many clients to remember. Currently I am a 1 man shop and like it. Getting calls from people in a panic that need it done yesterday, and this keeps me busy and allows me to pursue work in progress as a Digital Marketer.

It is difficult here in California going back over 15 years where I personally experienced my bids being undercut by 1/2 from out of country unlicensed contractors that don't pay taxes, and a media portrayal of painting that is all about "fake" as it gets. Never the less there is still a market for a journeyman level painter from prospects that want someone they can trust in their home. I am a one man shop for some time now, and know how brutal it is out there, especially in California for the shop owner to survive in the cut throat conditions that are now present.

Painting carried me through college and paid the bills. My full time pursuit is digital marketing and software design. This Internet thing I am doing since it started and am now working on a concept to bring forth change in the painting Industry and move the public from buying paint from Home Depot and Lowes, back to our local suppliers. More importantly, there needs to be a reconstructed message that has to be communicated, that the big box store counter person is not an expert. I sometimes have to go to these places as a matter of convenience. The pure BS that the big box counter people spew is remarkable, and the customer buys it for no other reason except they have no other place to go. This situation my painting brethren must change to take back the profitability that is year after year being stretched.

The local painting contractor is the Expert, not a counter person that may have never touched a brush. The local painting contractor is the best paint sales rep for the coating manufacturer.

What I am working on I will prove and I invite others to join me and become an early adopter of a paradigm shift that is long over due. If you are someone that does not want to sit on their hands and turn the tables back in our favor message me. There is definitely strength in numbers. I will find time to reply to anyone who wants to help me develop a real game changer.

I will reply to this thread as time allows and that is usually on a daily basis.

Glad to be here. Michael J in California
michaeljmann2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
None