Introducing Myself - Please let me know if you have any tax questions. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Tax Professional

Rewards Points: 10
View JohnGallagher's Photo Album My Photos
Smile Introducing Myself - Please let me know if you have any tax questions.

Hi All,

New to this community & wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a tax professional who has been working with contractors to resolve tax/workmen's comp issues for 20+ years. I'm here to help, post tax tips that may be useful to contractors, and answer any tax questions you may have. I hope I can be of use to some of you. Please feel free to use me to your advantage, and send your most pressing tax questions through this forum. I'll answer on here, for free. Oh, and I promise to always be informative, and never sales-y. Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

Kind regards,
John Gallagher
JohnGallagher is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
King Dude

Thanked 5,029 Times in 2,856 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to pt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome John. Once in a while taxes do come up as a topic round here.

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,375 Times in 3,757 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

What happens if you don't file and consider yourself a non-taxpayer?

Do you think taxing somebodies labor is lawful? If you do, can you site the law or court case that supports it?

And why does the IRS say that income tax is a "voluntary" tax?. Does that mean you can file if you feel like it and if you don't it's cool not to?

Thanks.

Last edited by TJ Paint; 11-25-2012 at 06:29 PM..
TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TJ Paint For This Useful Post:
6126 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome John,

As you know, WC is different for each state, which one do you have a license to give legal advice about ?

thanks

-Bill

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,048
Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,329 Posts
View benthepainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGallagher
Hi All,

New to this community & wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a tax professional who has been working with contractors to resolve tax/workmen's comp issues for 20+ years. I'm here to help, post tax tips that may be useful to contractors, and answer any tax questions you may have. I hope I can be of use to some of you. Please feel free to use me to your advantage, and send your most pressing tax questions through this forum. I'll answer on here, for free. Oh, and I promise to always be informative, and never sales-y. Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

Kind regards,
John Gallagher
G'day John Welcome to PT

I'm from Sydney Australia if I fly over to America
Do you think I could claim the trip for business if I visit you for some Tax Tips ?

Maybe not lol

Last edited by benthepainter; 11-26-2012 at 02:07 AM..
benthepainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irs, tax, taxes, workmen's comp