Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Introduction by :007 Dave

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AngieM 
#1 ·
Well I've been on here a while now so let me introduce myself. I Graduated High school in 1986 that summer I went to work for a company owned by 3 brothers that are legions in this area. We had 2 crews from 5 to 8 men a crew.We painted new custom built homes . One crew did a house inside and out up to 2800 sq ft in 2 days. any thing bigger than that we took an extra day or two.

In 1993 I thought I wanted to drive a semi for a living. Did that for 5 and a half months then in April of 94 I started working for a chemical company that repackaged raw materials from rail cars and tankers to 55 gallon drums and 5 gallon cans. I started off reconditioning and painting drums. By the time I left there in 2012.I was a union steward, a working foreman. and did everything in between. Making deliveries in a tractor/trailer and tankers. One day I could be pulling 6,000 gallons of Acetone down the highway and the next day it could be Methanol. and every raw material that would be put in paint.and all the solvents you would see on the shelf at a paint store.Loading and unloading trucks with a tow motor, Drumming off rail cars and tankers. working the shipping and receiving and running off bill of lading and filing MSDS.

In 07 the chemical company I worked for got bought out by another chemical company and in 2012 they decided to close my plant down.

They wanted me to go to another plant but my wife and I decided to live they dream of owning our own paint company. So here we are and I will say it is rewarding but the dream is not always what we want it to be. We are enjoying it and are still learning. and try to learn from our mistakes.

We are a Christian family and try to run our business to honor God..

Our goal is to give the home owner the best paint job we can using the best materials we can.

I enjoy reading forums here on painttalk and am amazed at what I don't know. I have learned quit a bit from all you guys,so Thank you.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.