kansas city metro saying hi - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View TylerHuff's Photo Album My Photos
Default kansas city metro saying hi

Hi, my name is Tyler i figured i would give a little bio. I have been painting for 7 years off and on. My parents own rental properties and buy and sell homes. I also do work for a property management company mainly getting duplex and single family homes read to the next tenant. while i am no expert i a mainly self taught and get a few tips here and there. I am efficient and have plenty of experience spraying. I own a spraytech 1075,1095 and a 2105. i have 1 just for latex, one for oil and the smaller 1075 gravity feed for lacquer jobs. most of the jobs i do are cut and roll in and out get it covered type jobs. I joined here because i want a better quality product for the houses that i remodel for resale. So you may find me posting for tips for a better outcome. 1 question i do have is, what is normal procedure for new construction. I am working on a house now that is a complete gut job new sheetrock etc. I have done these before and just do trial and error and am getting good results but for my own personal satisfaction i would like an even better end result. right now i usually spray ceilings, do any staining, spray all trimwork and then the cut and roll. sometimes i try to put the primer on the wall before the trim but sometimes i cant get there in time and its already up when i get there. so what is normal procedure for other people?
TylerHuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75
View Fictitious Character's Photo Album My Photos

Spray ceilings, spray closets and garage with ceiling color, spray trim, cut and roll walls, brush another coat on base on the way out, wait for final.
Fictitious Character is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fictitious Character For This Useful Post:
Schmidt & Co. (11-04-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
Paintist

Rewards Points: 506
View Andyman's Photo Album My Photos

Is this Huff Construction? I am KC metro also.
Andyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10
View TylerHuff's Photo Album My Photos

No, they are relatives of mine but i do not do any work for them or with them
TylerHuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None