LocalPainterQuotes.com - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree2Likes

Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View schmoe05's Photo Album My Photos
Default LocalPainterQuotes.com

Hey everybody. Just curious to see how many use this service and how it is working for them. I just joined yesterday and was already sent one lead which kind of surprised me. Anybody else?
schmoe05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

There are other members who use the service, here is a thread on the subject.

https://www.painttalk.com/f4/local-painter-quotes-9066/
NEPS.US likes this.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

I have not been happy with them. The leads I received were unresponsive or wanting prices over the phone.

To be fair, they always credited any questionable lead back to me and I have not received that many.

I shut my account off because one month I was charged for more leads than I had my account set up for. Only one returned my calls and let me set an appointmant to give an estimate. Was told I was going to be credited and that I would get an email stating such. It never happened.

There are others on here who have had better luck with them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bikerboy; 01-28-2011 at 01:04 PM..
bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bikerboy For This Useful Post:
schmoe05 (01-26-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #4

thanks for the info bikerboy. we'll see how this first lead pans out and go from there
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

I seem to get alot of requests for "1 room" or small projects from them.

I'm still waiting for them to revamp their sysyem to aloow customers to put their request in a category where this will no longer be an issue.

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaron61 For This Useful Post:
bikerboy (01-27-2011), WisePainter (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
There are other members who use the service, here is a thread on the subject.

https://www.painttalk.com/f4/local-painter-quotes-9066/
post #3 I believe you called my thread "funky"...
300+ posts later, members are still groovin' on my funk.
i am funkaaaay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
I shut my account off because one month I was charged for more leads than I had my account set up for. All but one returned my calls and let me set an appointmant to give an estimate. Was told I was going to be credited and that I would get an email stating such. It never happened.

It was heaven at first but the leads became wierd.The last lead was a tough one to negotiate, and they pretty much tried to talk me into $10 hr. labor...ahhhhhnope.
I was credited back for any problems quickly but I'm one of those kooky people that doesn't want a credit, I don't want to be charged at all.
It disturbs me to here that you are having problems in the form of being overcharged, and am interested in hearing from Ross on this matter.
My radius settings would reset themselves to a larger number beyond my comfortable range of travel. I was informed that's impossible, but it happened more than once.
I recieved credit for those.
I am considering raising my #'s to get a strong start on the year because of the prompt service they provide, but this may not happen now.

decisions.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WisePainter For This Useful Post:
bikerboy (01-27-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron61 View Post
I seem to get alot of requests for "1 room" or small projects from them.

I'm still waiting for them to revamp their sysyem to aloow customers to put their request in a category where this will no longer be an issue.

I take you recieved the same email survey I did?

Boy, if/when they employ some of those options LPQ would be FAR more painter friendly!

*if.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisePainter View Post
post #3 I believe you called my thread "funky"...
300+ posts later, members are still groovin' on my funk.
i am funkaaaay!
I read the first page of the thread when I linked it and at the time I was thinking there was not much info given. Besides you know my patience for you is sometimes lacking.
NEPS.US likes this.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Workaholic For This Useful Post:
bikerboy (01-27-2011), ewingpainting.net (01-26-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 2,922
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,405 Posts
View Dave Mac's Photo Album My Photos

I'm still waiting to get a Roi, they are good to work with Ross and Noah, but the leads are 50/50 good bad, I have yet to close a job I think Ive had a total of 26 leads. I need lots of leads so they a are a very small part of my overall marketing plan. You cant really expect to much from a service like this IMO, I think if you compare them to other service's like this they are far better. I say try them IMO, I love experimenting with different ways to get leads

powerwashingcharlottenc
Housewashingcharlottenc
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Mac For This Useful Post:
6126 (02-09-2011)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
I read the first page of the thread when I linked it and at the time I was thinking there was not much info given. Besides you know my patience for you is sometimes lacking.
1) ewing, "thank you's" aren't to be used to reinforce insults, ya' clown.

2) You do this for free Worky no wonder patience is lacking. It's time for Nathan to shave of some of his tasty "megawebsite network"cheddar eh? (that means "pay" his Mods btw).

3) what Wise thread ISN'T lacking info...kripes I stopped caring after post #850, once VerNEPS broke me down it was all over.

4) I don't have a fourth...
The Following User Says Thank You to WisePainter For This Useful Post:
Workaholic (01-26-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 07:08 AM   #11
Born To Be Mild

Quote:
It disturbs me to here that you are having problems in the form of being overcharged, and am interested in hearing from Ross on this matter.
My radius settings would reset themselves to a larger number beyond my comfortable range of travel. I was informed that's impossible, but it happened more than once.
I recieved credit for those.
I don't think it was a purposeful thing in my case, but like with you they didn't understand how it could happen.

Did have an issue with emails going to my junk mail box, but that was fixed. (the monthly bill never went to my juinkmail though)Also believe that if I pester them I'll get credited. I just don't want to follow up on my follow ups.

Do what you say, the way you say, I'll pay the bill and you will never hear from me.

Oddly enough, I still view them as an asset for painters, they just need some tweaking of thier own systems.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mac View Post
I'm still waiting to get a Roi, they are good to work with Ross and Noah, but the leads are 50/50 good bad, I have yet to close a job I think Ive had a total of 26 leads. I need lots of leads so they a are a very small part of my overall marketing plan. You cant really expect to much from a service like this IMO, I think if you compare them to other service's like this they are far better. I say try them IMO, I love experimenting with different ways to get leads
Yea i've gotten 2 leads in 3 days. Have a meeting on friday with the first one and the second wanted a ballpark figure over the phone and then told me she would get back to me after talking to her husband. At least the leads seem legit so far and for $20 it seems fair. we shall see. thanks dave
The Following User Says Thank You to schmoe05 For This Useful Post:
6126 (02-09-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mac View Post
Quote:
I have not been happy with them. The leads I received were unresponsive or wanting prices over the phone.

To be fair, they always credited any questionable lead back to me and I have not received that many.

I shut my account off because one month I was charged for more leads than I had my account set up for. All but one returned my calls and let me set an appointmant to give an estimate. Was told I was going to be credited and that I would get an email stating such. It never happened.

hey bikerboy where in MD are you located
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
Born To Be Mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe05 View Post
hey bikerboy where in MD are you located
I live on the eastern shore, (temporarily) but 90% of my work is in Anne Arundle County.

What about you?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #15

Dundalk. Baltimore County. No jokes please
Old 01-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #16
Born To Be Mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoe05 View Post
Dundalk. Baltimore County. No jokes please
We could have a good aurgument on which area is worse and why. At least you have Capt. Harvey's and Filetti's.

I painted the SW store on Merrit Blvd a year or so ago.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #17

love harveys . i worked at sw until 86 went to duron til 91 worked for 2 painting companies estimating til going on my own in 95. i live about 2 miles from the sw store. anyway got another lead today from lqp she wanted a quote over the phone , i talked her into a meeting on saturday
The Following User Says Thank You to schmoe05 For This Useful Post:
bikerboy (01-28-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #18
CraftJack

Rewards Points: 250
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon

Quote:

Hey Biker,
I just checked your account and you still have 4 credits on there. Noah added them when when we last spoke (1/3/11) and he said he emailed you. But we've had some issues with our emails going to Junk folders for people with Yahoo accounts. it's possible it went there. Sorry about that. But your account does have 4 credits on it waiting to be used.

Just saw this thread so i have some catching up to do...

- The Toolbox -
Connect with me on

Last edited by RGordon; 01-28-2011 at 12:15 AM..
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RGordon For This Useful Post:
bikerboy (01-28-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #19
CraftJack

Rewards Points: 250
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon

Quote:
I take you recieved the same email survey I did?

Boy, if/when they employ some of those options LPQ would be FAR more painter friendly!

*if.
Wise,
Just curious which of the things YOU liked in the survey (all the responses were anonymous)?

- The Toolbox -
Connect with me on
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon View Post
Wise,
Just curious which of the things YOU liked in the survey (all the responses were anonymous)?
Everything but the local weather...that's easy to get.
When you created the survey, you took into account the aspects that would make the perfect leads service, I was genuinely excited that those were some of the changes coming to LPQ.

You and I both know that even 1 of those changes would beat your $20 fee like a redheaded stepchild though.
I've addressed the site upgrade from beta to final in the other LPQ thread, and I'm still not convinced that you are willing to put forth the changes due to the cost.
Your current business model is clean light and no doubt lucrative, it would be ridiculous to start changing things around.
Amirite?
The survey was an excellent way to create excitement, now own it.

btw, I took the survey on 10/04/10.

Tags
None