My Intro... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Hawk-Eye's Photo Album My Photos
Default My Intro...

Awesome set-up painttalk.com has here, props to all involved. I'm from Illinois, working in the central part of the state, 9 painting and 15 in construction all together. The range is from Peoria to Champaign and Springfield, Illinois. Most of the work I've been apart of comes from the cities though. It seems small town folks like doing it themselves, but still do work for the occasional small town folks, usually the seniors. Which I love hearing their stories on breaks, especially the Veterans, by which I salute all who have served.

Economy has slowed as we all know, so I was cut to pt work then none. I understand what my boss was going through, but what I also seen was he still has work lined up for for at least 9 months. So I figured, WTH, I'm gonna go on my own. He did, but I also was his second employee. I helped him get it off the ground while he ran/worked the company. So I've seen what it is like to see a company grow from ground up from boss/employer/employee sacrifice. He is a C-Corporation.

I've been doing work for people on a hear/say basis just to keep the cash flowing. But then I realized, there is an opportunity here for me. I've never had a customer not satisfied, in fact, they are usually ecstatic with the finished product. I hear all the time "you actually take pride in your work, you don't have very much of that anymore", they say.

Yes, I do take pride in my work and enjoy it at the same time.

Well, I could go on and on about my past, but the future is what holds my plans and concentration. Putting all my plans together as we speak, and not leaving any stones unturned. My post name I do believe will be my company name when it's all said and done. The reason for that is that I have been blessed by GOD with perfect eyesight. I can read the bottom line on the eye chart not a prob. They always tell me to read line 4 then 7, then I say, doc, I can read the bottom! They look at me and smile and says, OK, read it. Not only did I get all the letters read right, the speed I did it makes them look back at me in amazement. So, that's right, call me Hawk-Eye. I never leave a spec on the walls, trim, doors, etc...

I do my job as I see most posting here, professional!!! Glad to be apart of the club, looking forward to the chats and info.

By the way, what's up with that accu-brush product, I must have just came out of a cave, cause I've never noticed that product before. But I can also tell the line is not straight also, but that's also what touch ups are for, "Amateurs", lol. Has anyone ever used it?
Hawk-Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum Hawkeye! Thanks for the detailed intro, look forward to your posts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:59 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome! And indeed, paittalk has an awsome set-up - so much educational and inspirational material it would take just a few months to read through all of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 258
View onthecoast's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to onthecoast

Hey Hawk-Eye

Welcome from the Granite State
onthecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None