My intro - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The0crasy

Old 12-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6
View The0crasy's Photo Album My Photos
Default My intro

Hello, Ive been browsing this site for a few months now. A little about my background: I started in a cabinet shop that my grandfather owned I started working there at the age of 12. Just sanding, waxing table saws and shaper surfaces, and clean up formica glue from countertops. Then when I was in high school I started to actually build face frames and doors/drawers. My grandfather always did the lacquering. I would be his designated sander between coats. I would watch in awe as he sprayed the lacquer. As time went by he taught me about how lacquer worked and how to fix mess ups. I left the cabinet shop when I was 20, which was in 2005 and started building houses. I did that for 10 yrs. Then I started my own business doing remodels and new construction. I use to sub out the painting. There were some times when the painter asked if I could help do prep so we would make the deadline. As I was helping he taught me some techniques. He is an older guy and full of knowledge. He stays booked up so A couple yrs ago I got an airless and started doing my own painting/ staining/finishes. The past 8 months that's all ive been doing is painting/staining and lacquering. So that basically wraps up my intro.
finishesbykevyn likes this.
The0crasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
RH

Rewards Points: 7,350
Thanked 15,581 Times in 8,223 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group!

Dan

Bill Watterson
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,968
Thanked 9,670 Times in 5,509 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The0crasy View Post
Hello, Ive been browsing this site for a few months now. A little about my background: I started in a cabinet shop that my grandfather owned I started working there at the age of 12. Just sanding, waxing table saws and shaper surfaces, and clean up formica glue from countertops. Then when I was in high school I started to actually build face frames and doors/drawers. My grandfather always did the lacquering. I would be his designated sander between coats. I would watch in awe as he sprayed the lacquer. As time went by he taught me about how lacquer worked and how to fix mess ups. I left the cabinet shop when I was 20, which was in 2005 and started building houses. I did that for 10 yrs. Then I started my own business doing remodels and new construction. I use to sub out the painting. There were some times when the painter asked if I could help do prep so we would make the deadline. As I was helping he taught me some techniques. He is an older guy and full of knowledge. He stays booked up so A couple yrs ago I got an airless and started doing my own painting/ staining/finishes. The past 8 months that's all ive been doing is painting/staining and lacquering. So that basically wraps up my intro.
Welcome!

As long as you're eager to learn, you'll do fine with the painting end of things.

I was painting for about three years before I began working for a painting contractor who exposed me to other aspects of painting, like color tinting, staining, taping, texturing, wallcovering, and some faux finishing. I was so intimidated by what I didn't know that I set out to learn those skill sets and be the best that I could be. I'm very grateful to that man.

One should never stop learning.
CApainter is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
None