New Business New Guy - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View glm1988's Photo Album My Photos
Thumbs up New Business New Guy

Hi everyone, my name is Lee Moreno. Hope Everyone is doing amazing here. I just started a professional paint business, and im sure I probably would be instructed by most of you guys not to and that I'm crazy. I have experience but not much and would like to give yall some back ground. I live in a town of 12,000 people which has absolutely no commercial or residential painting crews. All the commercial work is contracted to crews hours away and the residential is done by diy-ers trying to make extra money or the home owner.

Why do I think I can do this?
1)I have passion, motivation, connections and am happy and willing to seek help and advice from any of you guys.
2)I have read the books I understand what it takes and will be hiring employees to do the job while I dream and manage for my business and implement new ideas.
3)My first two jobs downtown, are for very well known people of the city and if successful Im sure Ill have all the future work of any of the businesses here.
4)THIS IS PROBABLLY THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON... because I have found a group of amazing guys that get together at this website called painttalk.com hangout, share ideas, chat and have fun!!
5)Im not afraid to fail, and if I do I have fundage to support myself.

Thank you guys for all the help and interesting posts that I find my self scowering through at late hours of the night.
glm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
King Dude

Thanked 5,036 Times in 2,862 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to PT, and luck with the new biz!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
glm1988 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
still in the bucket

Rewards Points: 500
View cdaniels's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome and good luck from NC
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdaniels For This Useful Post:
glm1988 (02-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Delco, Pa

Rewards Points: 502
View scottjr's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to Pt. Lee. Good luck with the business. Make sure you do good work or hire people that can.
There are alot of highly qualified members on this site when you run into certain situations.
I can tell you that I apprenticed for 11 years before starting my business and it's not as easy as people think, especially without alot of experience.
scottjr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottjr For This Useful Post:
glm1988 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Midwest painter

Rewards Points: 258
View Neese's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by glm1988 View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Lee Moreno. Hope Everyone is doing amazing here. I just started a professional paint business, and im sure I probably would be instructed by most of you guys not to and that I'm crazy. I have experience but not much and would like to give yall some back ground. I live in a town of 12,000 people which has absolutely no commercial or residential painting crews. All the commercial work is contracted to crews hours away and the residential is done by diy-ers trying to make extra money or the home owner.

Why do I think I can do this?
1)I have passion, motivation, connections and am happy and willing to seek help and advice from any of you guys.
2)I have read the books I understand what it takes and will be hiring employees to do the job while I dream and manage for my business and implement new ideas.
3)My first two jobs downtown, are for very well known people of the city and if successful Im sure Ill have all the future work of any of the businesses here.
4)THIS IS PROBABLLY THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON... because I have found a group of amazing guys that get together at this website called painttalk.com hangout, share ideas, chat and have fun!!
5)Im not afraid to fail, and if I do I have fundage to support myself.

Thank you guys for all the help and interesting posts that I find my self scowering through at late hours of the night.
Nice intro! Welcome to paint talk!
Neese's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 250
View David's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome, this is definitely the place for professional answers to any questions that may arise.
David's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to David's Painting For This Useful Post:
glm1988 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 10
View glm1988's Photo Album My Photos
Default Thanks so Much everyone

walls I did for fun!!! At my mothers house [ATTACH]New Business New Guy-20130109_171747.jpg[/ATTACH]

Thought you all might like to see these. Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome. And 'scottjr',.... I totally agree this isn't gonna be easy,.. and im ready to give her hell..
Attached Thumbnails
New Business New Guy-one.jpg  

Last edited by glm1988; 02-02-2013 at 01:21 AM..
glm1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to glm1988 For This Useful Post:
kdpaint (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #8
RH

Rewards Points: 10,204
Thanked 15,353 Times in 8,040 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group! Wish you the best in your business venture.

Groucho Marx
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
glm1988 (02-01-2013)
Old 02-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

welcome Lee nice intro/good luck

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None