New to forum and to the buisness - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 01-24-2018, 01:06 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 34
View P-nutt's Photo Album My Photos
Default New to forum and to the buisness

Here is a little about my background.

I been in the construction business for 22 years. I have move up from Labor all the way up to Project manager for a GC. My biggest job was a $17 million renovation for Penske. Now at 45 years old I decided to try my lock at running my own company.

What I do is basically maintenance for car dealerships. I been in business on my own for about a year and my clients keep asking me to expand my field.

I been ask to do some painting for 2 of my clients. One is a 60000 sq ft body shop both interior and exterior the other is a Quick Lanes about 35000 sq ft same work detail. Office area we need to paint office walls and metal doors, shop area ceilings with Dryfall , walls and metal doors. In the exterior we are doing block walls, garage doors, metal doors and bollards. All Weekend work...

My question is what equipment should i buy? first 2 options are gas power, 3 option is electric
I am looking at a:
1) Titan Advantage GPX 220 for $2800 have not been use in 4 years
2) Airlessco SL6200 for $2150 unit has just been completely rebuilt
3) Graco Mark V Pro for $2900 refurbished by SW
4) Or do you have another option same price range

Thank you

Ps: I have 2 painters in my staff with 7 years of experience spraying

Last edited by P-nutt; 01-24-2018 at 01:37 AM..
P-nutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,946
Thanked 9,669 Times in 5,508 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-nutt View Post
Here is a little about my background.

I been in the construction business for 22 years. I have move up from Labor all the way up to Project manager for a GC. My biggest job was a $17 million renovation for Penske. Now at 45 years old I decided to try my lock at running my own company.

What I do is basically maintenance for car dealerships. I been in business on my own for about a year and my clients keep asking me to expand my field.

I been ask to do some painting for 2 of my clients. One is a 60000 sq ft body shop both interior and exterior the other is a Quick Lanes about 35000 sq ft same work detail. Office area we need to paint office walls and metal doors, shop area ceilings with Dryfall , walls and metal doors. In the exterior we are doing block walls, garage doors, metal doors and bollards. All Weekend work...

My question is what equipment should i buy? first 2 options are gas power, 3 option is electric
I am looking at a:
1) Titan Advantage GPX 220 for $2800 have not been use in 4 years
2) Airlessco SL6200 for $2150 unit has just been completely rebuilt
3) Graco Mark V Pro for $2900 refurbished by SW
4) Or do you have another option same price range

Thank you

Ps: I have 2 painters in my staff with 7 years of experience spraying
What have your painters suggested for equipment?
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 34
View P-nutt's Photo Album My Photos

Both of them are Graco guys. I am just trying to make sure I get the best possible deal. I have seen many people set on their ways and because of its never improved.
P-nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to P-nutt For This Useful Post:
CApainter (01-24-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 4
View Ovid's Photo Album My Photos

I am in the same situation as u. I think becuse u are working inside u need an electronic pump.

I'm trining to figure out myself what works best a big pump and run 2 lines or 2 smaller pumps that can handle heavier material?

I'm sure some of the people here with more expensive can help.

Good luck

Ovid
Ovid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None