New Here, Just Introducing Myself - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default New Here, Just Introducing Myself

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and i just wanted to introduce myself. I am not a painter, but i own a small online lead company that works specifically with house painters.

I am not here to SPAM my services or anything like that. I am here to better understand the needs of painters so i can provide a better service to the ones that work with us.

I also have a lot of marketing knowledge, specifically in the areas of internet marketing, and i look forward to sharing ideas with you for ways to help get more business.

Also, i know a lot of people have animosity towards companies like mine b/c of bad experiences with some larger companies (especially Service Magic). I just want to say that we are not Service Magic and if you have had bad experiences with them, please don't take it out on me. Thanks!
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
PatsPainting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,840
Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanks: 1,785
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,541 Posts
View PatsPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Typically when someone says they are not here to spam people they really are

If that's you in your avatar, you look like a little kid still in high school.

Anyway welcome to PT - lots a great info here..

Pat
__________________
Quote:
Have fun with it you clownshoe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PatsPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PatsPainting For This Useful Post:
RGordon (03-22-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsPainting View Post
Typically when someone says they are not here to spam people they really are

If that's you in your avatar, you look like a little kid still in high school.

Anyway welcome to PT - lots a great info here..

Pat
I understand your concern. All i can say is if i start spamming i bet i would be banned pretty quick. So i guess I'll just have to let my posts do the talking for me.

As far as the pic, it's a few years old, but it's the only avatar style pic i have on this computer. But if you must know i'm 26, going on 27 in June.

And thanks for the welcome!
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
PatsPainting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 3,840
Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanks: 1,785
Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,541 Posts
View PatsPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon View Post
I understand your concern. All i can say is if i start spamming i bet i would be banned pretty quick. So i guess I'll just have to let my posts do the talking for me.

As far as the pic, it's a few years old, but it's the only avatar style pic i have on this computer. But if you must know i'm 26, going on 27 in June.

And thanks for the welcome!
Ok bud, nice to have you here

Pat
__________________
Quote:
Have fun with it you clownshoe!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PatsPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
vermontpainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 14,407
Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanks: 3,091
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos
Default

R

If you look around at other threads, you will find that painters want marketing (internet or otherwise) that produces immediate results, measured in quick sale closes and immediately schedulable work, preferrably with money down. If you can produce this for free, it would be best.

For the most part, you could not be attempting to assist a more deadbeat demographic. Not intending to be pessimistic, but if you stick around (most dont), you will probably be inclined to agree for the most part.

Anyways, welcome.





__________________
Scott


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vermontpainter For This Useful Post:
nEighter (03-22-2010), RGordon (03-22-2010), Workaholic (03-22-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontpainter View Post
R

If you look around at other threads, you will find that painters want marketing (internet or otherwise) that produces immediate results, measured in quick sale closes and immediately schedulable work, preferrably with money down. If you can produce this for free, it would be best.

For the most part, you could not be attempting to assist a more deadbeat demographic. Not intending to be pessimistic, but if you stick around (most dont), you will probably be inclined to agree for the most part.

Anyways, welcome.

Scott,
Yeah, i've been working with painters and other types of contractors for a few years now so i know the challenges involved. I've worked with guy's on both ends of the spectrum: Guys who are probably some of the best businessmen I'v ever seen, who can close 7/10 estimates they land and have crews logging 22,000 hours a year, to independent painters who have a customer-facing voice-mail that literally just says "leave a message".

Hopefully i can provide something for everyone, even if it's just some free info on this forum.
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
vermontpainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 14,407
Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanks: 3,091
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos
Default

I see that you are from ChicagoLand. Mark King is one of the most intelligent and respected members here, and a very cool guy. He would be a good guy for you to get some ideas from about marketing for paint contractors.



__________________
Scott


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
Old as dirt member
 
Schmidt & Co.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,565
Rewards Points: 688
Thanks: 7,004
Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,284 Posts
View Schmidt & Co.'s Photo Album My Photos
Default

Welcome! Nice to see another Chicago guy!
__________________
Paul
Schmidt & Co. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Schmidt & Co. For This Useful Post:
RGordon (03-22-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontpainter View Post
I see that you are from ChicagoLand. Mark King is one of the most intelligent and respected members here, and a very cool guy. He would be a good guy for you to get some ideas from about marketing for paint contractors.
Thanks! I'll look him up.
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt & Co. View Post
Welcome! Nice to see another Chicago guy!
Nice to see some hometown folks here! Where are you located? We're in Skokie...
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
PinheadsUnite
 
daArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: almost there
Posts: 30,724
Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanks: 13,929
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Welcome R,

Your words indicate you have great understanding, both about these forums and how many trades people feel about lead generating services.

I hope your joining will prove to be positive for all.

and yes, we have mods with itchy trigger fingers





__________________
"Glazed Donuts Are the Building Blocks of the Universe"

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daArch For This Useful Post:
ewingpainting.net (03-26-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #12
Old as dirt member
 
Schmidt & Co.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,565
Rewards Points: 688
Thanks: 7,004
Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,284 Posts
View Schmidt & Co.'s Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon View Post
Nice to see some hometown folks here! Where are you located? We're in Skokie...
On the far NW side, by Harlem & the Kennedy. A lot of our work is in Edgebrook, Sauganash, Lincolnwood etc. And of course Skokie......
__________________
Paul
Schmidt & Co. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #13
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daArch View Post
Welcome R,

This is the best animated graphic i have ever seen in my life.

Thanks for the welcome! I belong to a few forums in other trades (internet marketing etc) and i know how little tolerance we have for spammers and trolls, so i try and be very sensitive to that stuff on any trade related forum i participate on.

Plus my main ideology is to operate on openness and address issues and concerns publicly. What better place to do that then on a forum where youre clients are. If all companies did this there would be a lot more mutual understanding and less "bad blood" and confusion.

Noah (a guy in my office here) and I talk to 4-5 painters a day who just can't say enough bad things about service magic. I can't help but think how much could be resolved if companies like service magic (like the CEO) took some time to come to a place like this and learn what the real complaints are and understand where is clients are coming from, instead of just having some low level customer support person post scripted responses to everything. It would be like that show Undercover Boss, but they wouldn't even have to go under cover!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
y.painting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,886
Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanks: 349
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGordon View Post

Noah (a guy in my office here) and I talk to 4-5 painters a day who just can't say enough bad things about service magic. I can't help but think how much could be resolved if companies like service magic (like the CEO) took some time to come to a place like this and learn what the real complaints are and understand where is clients are coming from, instead of just having some low level customer support person post scripted responses to everything. It would be like that show Undercover Boss, but they wouldn't even have to go under cover!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!
With all of the mystery shoppers and corporate spying that's going on, for all we know you could be an undercover person SM is sending out into the field...

jk, welcome!
__________________
Yaro S.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
y.painting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to y.painting For This Useful Post:
RGordon (03-22-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #15
.
 
Workaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Huntsville Alabama
Posts: 17,818
Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanks: 6,245
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.painting View Post
With all of the mystery shoppers and corporate spying that's going on, for all we know you could be an undercover person SM is sending out into the field...

jk, welcome!
It happens quite often.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #16
CraftJack
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 324
Rewards Points: 250
Thanks: 236
Thanked 215 Times in 114 Posts
View RGordon's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to RGordon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.painting View Post
With all of the mystery shoppers and corporate spying that's going on, for all we know you could be an undercover person SM is sending out into the field...

jk, welcome!
RGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #17
RCP
Senior Member
 
RCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southwestern Utah
Posts: 12,314
Rewards Points: 78
Thanks: 4,400
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Welcome!
__________________
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ohio
Posts: 3,297
Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanks: 930
Thanked 441 Times in 388 Posts
View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Glad to have you on board. Welcome.
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #19
SeHablaEspaņol
 
AztecPainting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 843
Rewards Points: 500
Thanks: 596
Thanked 348 Times in 211 Posts
View AztecPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Welcome to Paradise!!!
__________________
"Common sense is so rare, it should be classified as a superpower"
<
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
AztecPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introducing myself Ladypainter34 New Member Introductions 32 03-14-2010 12:02 AM
Introducing..... One Coat Coverage New Member Introductions 7 10-16-2009 02:26 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com