Newbie saying hello - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View White Wash's Photo Album My Photos
Thumbs up Newbie saying hello

Just wanted to say hi to everyone . Came across this site, read a few threads and had to join up. I think its awesome to have all you on here sharing the same passion ( or frustrations ) in our painting trade. I've been painting for about 18yrs now and one thing i love about it is no matter how long i work this trade I'm always learning new techniques and ideas. Hats off to whomever started this site.
White Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Wash For This Useful Post:
Ultimate (07-26-2011)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

So Bold. lol
Welcome to the forum.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 264
View Ace Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome.
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 250
View SouthFloridaPainter's Photo Album My Photos

Originally from Texas myself, now in Florida.

Welcome, I think you'll like this forum.

Like you said, it's nice to be around a group of people that can understand the daily lows and highs of our trade.

There always something new to learn around here.

Good Luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MerchantCircle :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SouthFloridaPainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Quality Member

Rewards Points: 10
View ShineBrightPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via ICQ to ShineBrightPainting

Hello from sunny California!
ShineBrightPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,548
Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,783 Posts
View Ole34's Photo Album My Photos

hey man !! ..............welcome and stuff
Ole34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,326
View Ultimate's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wash View Post
Just wanted to say hi to everyone . Came across this site, read a few threads and had to join up. I think its awesome to have all you on here sharing the same passion ( or frustrations ) in our painting trade. I've been painting for about 18yrs now and one thing i love about it is no matter how long i work this trade I'm always learning new techniques and ideas. Hats off to whomever started this site.
The ones keeping it going too! Yea it's a good place welcome

Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, if you are interested in the origin of the forum, you might like this message from the owner, Nathan.

Quote:
Vision for PaintTalk.com (and other forums in our network)
When I was in college I worked for a friend of my family who took me under his wing and taught me how to paint. I liked the trade and took to it faster than most so I was able to learn a lot during those years. The only thing I didn't master was wallpaper so I basically manned the pasting station during those jobs. It was fun and rewarding work and I was lucky to have someone take that much time with me to teach me the skills I needed.
After college I worked for a tech company for a while but really wanted to get back to painting and running my own business but it was hard... how the heck do I run a painting business? I mean, I knew how to paint and though you can always learn more I felt pretty good about my abilities. I really just needed to work on speed more than anything else. But how do I estimate, set up a company, or deal with employees?
Once again I was lucky (blessed) to have a friend of the family to talk to and he helped me a lot... but there was still more to learn and I couldn't take all of his time. I ended up turning to the web and finding a forum for painters where I learned all sorts of stuff. I had vets with 20 years experience helping me figure out how to estimate, market, hire employees, and more. I was amazed and it was the difference between success and failure for me.

So, why take the time to tell that story? Well, that experience is really what formed my vision for ContractorTalk.com and now the individual trade forums including PaintTalk.com. Everyone was (for the most part) free and open with their knowledge and everyone had something to give. Even in the beginning when I was just learning the business side of the trade I was still able to help guys out with technical know how since that was my background. The result was that not only did everyone have something to give but everyone also had things to learn as well. This massive exchange of knowledge helped everyone involved.

Let's compare that to how things were done just 10 years ago. When you had a question about how to do something in your business or trade you had few options. Other painters in your area wouldn't want to share their knowledge because they feared direct competition. You had trade associations but that was more of a one way transfer of knowledge and there is only so much info one organization can dispense. Finally you had expensive "gurus" who might coach you on their way of doing things but even then your only learning one way.

The exchange of knowledge that happens in these trade forums and other internet sites has changed the industry and enabled it to improve as a whole.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Ultimate (07-26-2011)
Old 07-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the Forum
Old 07-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

welcome

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None