re: Want to grow my painting business - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Bauerk7's Photo Album My Photos
Default re: Want to grow my painting business

Hello everyone,

i have a painting company called Bauer Painting in Georgetown, ON, Canada, and i've been painting since i first started running a student painting franchise in 2002. I'm on my own now with 8 years experience (though not always full time), and early this year i decided to grow my business and branch out to learn about other areas of painting.

Most of my experience is in interior and exterior repaints, and exterior deck/fence prep and staining. I've started to get into exterior spraying (barns, commercial buildings, siding, etc.) and would like to expand this part of my business. I'd also like to learn more about: painting new houses, all the various industrial and specialized coatings, barn spraying, and restoration of older/century homes (the painting aspect of it only).

Basically i'd like to build a painting company that can do it all. Currently i've got 2 painters working with me (trained from scratch) and would like to have 6-8 painters working for me next summer. Marketing, sales, building trust, and customer service are definitely my strong points, but i fear that it will be too difficult to find/manage painters of both excellent skill and character...

Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Kevin Bauer
Bauerk7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum!
You will find a lot of great information here from like minded members. Take some time and read through some of the posts, especially the stickies. Feel free to comment and add what has been working for you.
Finding a good painter is a battle many face, there have been several discussions like this with some good advice.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the forum, RCP, pretty much nailed it with her post above.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome Kevin,

You will find lots of opinions about the subjects to ask.

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None