What's Your GO-TO Interior AND Exterior Paint for 2018? (Ex. SuperPaint- Exteriors) - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > New Member Introductions

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 3rd Gen Painting
  • 1 Post By deadend
  • 3 Post By loaded brush

Old 10-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
Painting Company

Location: Madison WI, Western Springs IL, Milwaukee WI, Annapolis MD
Rewards Points: 2
View 3rd Gen Painting's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd Gen Painting
Thumbs up What's Your GO-TO Interior AND Exterior Paint for 2018? (Ex. SuperPaint- Exteriors)

We are a relatively new painting company in the midwest and are expanding rapidly (operating in 2 states, WI & IL).

I am looking for your advice to figure out which interior and exterior paint to use for our projects going forward in 2018-19 and would love some feedback from the Pros here.

Currently we have a Sherwin Account and I use:
-Exteriors: Sherwin SuperPaint

-Interiors: Sherwin SuperPaint or Behr Premium plus (Hdepot). Proclassic for trim.

-Exterior Stain Semi-trans: Defy Extreme (anything other than oil-based which is a real pain in my @$$)

-Deck Stain Solid: ? (Honestly, just do whatever they used before) or sherwin
Porch & Floor Enamel

-Deck Stain Transparent: Dont do many of these but curious on suggestions

I am open to every and all suggestions & preferences (the only wrong answer is no answer).

Excited to hear what paint/stain you guys loved and hated this past 2018 season!
Attached Thumbnails
What's Your GO-TO Interior AND Exterior Paint for 2018? (Ex. SuperPaint- Exteriors)-0929181214.jpg  

What's Your GO-TO Interior AND Exterior Paint for 2018? (Ex. SuperPaint- Exteriors)-0929181214a_hdr.jpg  

painters-chicago likes this.
3rd Gen Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rd Gen Painting For This Useful Post:
painters-chicago (10-04-2019)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25
View deadend's Photo Album My Photos

...hard pressed to find a better exterior product than Duration...interior is SuperPaint for average projects...Cashmere for higher end and Duration in high traffic/commercial spaces...few pics below of Duration interior 1 coat coverage over a deep red...other pic is PC on trim and Cashmere on walls...What's Your GO-TO Interior AND Exterior Paint for 2018? (Ex. SuperPaint- Exteriors)-20180921_104835_1538442566245.jpg
...I'm a ProClassic guy for trim and cabs...you may want to look into SWs Solo as it is sold as an Interior/Exterior...may save you some time being able to do both sides of a door with the same product...What's Your GO-TO Interior AND Exterior Paint for 2018? (Ex. SuperPaint- Exteriors)-20180601_105740_1538442620152.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	20180601_105740_1538442620152.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	102719
3rd Gen Painting likes this.
deadend is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deadend For This Useful Post:
3rd Gen Painting (10-01-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 07:22 PM   #3
Professional Painter

Rewards Points: 621
View loaded brush's Photo Album My Photos

Benjamin Moore all day long. Use the Regal Select line for all your needs. You wont be disappointed.
loaded brush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to loaded brush For This Useful Post:
3rd Gen Painting (10-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 158
Thanked 4,712 Times in 3,179 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

so you are expanding your business by doing the same thing and using the exact same products every already existing painter in that market uses. Brilliant. Why not just use Walmart?

"I'll have a double scotch with a twist of bourbon" Rodney Dangerfield
PACman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2
View painters-chicago's Photo Album My Photos
Thumbs up

Our interior painters in Chicago always try to upgrade our interior paint product to Sherwin Williams Emerald.

Emerald might be a little pricier but literally covers surface areas in 1 coat about 80% of the time and typically we just need to touch up a few thin spots here and there (outside of crazy paint color changes). Overall a great interior house paint that looks amazing with before and after photos.
painters-chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
benjamin moore, exterior paint, house painting, interior paint, sherwin williams