Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Restaurant Impossible @ Mill Creek Redlands

7K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Schmidt & Co. 
#1 ·
#6 ·
When I watch those shows I seem to always notice that primer and prep seem optional. One time they painted bare wood frames an hour before opening with one coat of black paint. Another the concrete floor was stained and finished that morning. In 48 hrs time how can you properly paint a restaurant at the same they are doing demo, with contractors still framing and wiring, and paint multiple coats of paint (with joint compound, caulk, etc)

#7 ·
I've always wondered that about those shows too.

Either they look like chit in real life or the timeframe for the project is longer than they let on. I don't see how a quality job could be preformed under those time restraints.

Regardless of how its done, really cool project Gabe! I've got my DVR set.

#10 ·
The painting aspect was fairly simple. We did paint some raw wood and we did prime it wirh Sherwin Williams multi purpose primer. There was a gang of volunteers that was cleaning and helped with minor prep. A couple of painting projects were done by volunteers. One volunteer had whites on, Tom sent him my way. But I sent him back after about an hour and told tom we were good. ;) be my luck they put him on the show. lol

#14 ·
I did a restaurant in Illinois, it aired in December, Tom Bury was great to work for, and I was crushin pretty hard for Cheryl the decorator, great experience.
They paid me, Tom asked if I'd do it for free in exchange for advertising, I declined, I kind of wish I would have now, as it got a ton of press here locally.
Now had Cheryl asked for a freebie, I'd of done it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.