Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Site Walk Through in Huntington Beach

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Seattlepainting 
#1 ·
In November 2012 I was in Huntington Beach, Ca. and walked through a exterior project with a 30 year local painter. Nice Guy and good painter I was impressed with his ground protection and site organization; he was using Hollandlac and Aura.

Here is the walk through exterior painting video

See less See more
#8 ·
That was great and you can tell that guy takes great pride in his work. I dunno if I'd use a latex primer on redwood simply because of all the coats it takes to stop the bleed through. Either way that job is gonna look great for a long time to come. :thumbup:

#11 · (Edited)
sounds worse than 20 questions. sorry.
I hate sounding negative so I reflected on my comment, and really I should just say that it IS a great thing that you do. You promote someone who deserves appreciation for his career and works. And you are good at showcasing the trades and passionate tradesmen.

#12 ·
I think what stands out is what a good job John does asking questions to make the interview seem as natural as possible. It's not easy to conduct an interview with a video camera and not have it seem awkward. It was really cool to see a true craftsman at work on the job.

#13 ·
Awesome giving here. Great interview.

On another note, I am sure part of the reason I have made the decision to leave the painting industry is due to the rarity of value of the craft as this contractor seems to demonstrate on this project. It brought back some good memories of my first years in this trade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.