Featured Pro: richmondpainting - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Featured Paint Pros

Old 05-19-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
Administrator

Rewards Points: 3,011
Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,085 Posts
View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
Default Featured Pro: richmondpainting

Featured Pro: richmondpainting-richmond.jpg

Well...Things started by getting laid off from a warehouse job I actually really liked. My roommate got me a job with his uncle where I was laid off at about 80 days. Like most I had a drug problem and was involved in things I shouldn't have been but things changed and I've never really looked back as I know where this painting thing can and will go.

I did side jobs for the next year as I saw how much money I could make, even with little to no experience. My roommate and I started are own company in 2008. His philosophy was let everyone do the work and we could concentrate on getting new work. As I saw the concept I knew we needed to be in the field till we had the proper work load. I never forgot that one thing he taught me.

If youíre doing the work yourself, you donít have a company working for you....you just bought yourself a new tittle and some better benefits and freedom. I knew he was right but it wasnít the right time. We split after 6 months and I havenít looked back.

Before I had my daughter, back to back to back 16 hours days were very common as I came up as a CertaPro subcontractor. It wasnít the best pay but after the hours I put in, it worked. Now we have been in the commercial field for three years now and no more subcontracting. We have done everything from industrial tanks and light houses to lead garage jobs...houses big and small, restaurants and ware houses. Our specialty or I guess favorite thing to do is large dry fall jobs...where ever they are in the country we will go if possible...

I typically spend my days estimating but just recently promoted one of my older painters to project manager and he will take care of the estimates. As Iím about to hit a good 30-60 day road trip....Hopefully I will be done in the field once I get back but it always pulls me back in somehow which I donít mind from time to time.

The goal like some is to have this thing run efficiently and profitably without me being involved and it is a process but is definitely coming together. As most Iím looking to spend more time with my family and the friends that I do have. I also enjoy helping others and giving back but I know right now isnít the time. I enjoy baseball gamesÖ Cubs and deer hunting in my free time.

I have also become extremely involved in the PDCA in the past year and encourage everyone to do the same. You will definitely see me on a stage in the coming years and on some board of some sort.

In the long run the goal is to have something built so when my daughter graduates college she will never need that degree and can walk into an awesome company with a great legacy and name. I can only imagine what kind of monstrous company I can build in the next 27 years considering she is only 3 years old. Obviously this is only a stepping stone as I want to do flips and rentals and maybe a restaurant. Mexican of course....And yes I know I canít get this time back but I do my best.......
ACoatAbove (06-09-2015), Anchors Aweigh Paint (05-19-2015), CApainter (05-19-2015), DeanV (05-19-2015), ewingpainting.net (05-19-2015), ExcelPaintingCo (05-19-2015), George Z (05-27-2015), I paint paint (05-19-2015), journeymanPainter (05-19-2015), PRC (05-19-2015), PremierPaintingMa (05-20-2015), Repaint Florida (05-21-2015), Schmidt & Co. (05-19-2015), scottjr (05-19-2015), SemiproJohn (05-19-2015)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 286
Thanked 1,024 Times in 634 Posts
View I paint paint's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Attachment 50050
Ösnip...

Now we have been in the commercial field for three years now and no more subcontracting. We have done everything from industrial tanks and light houses to lead garage jobs...houses big and small, restaurants and ware houses.

I enjoy baseball gamesÖ Cubs and deer hunting in my free time.
Thanks for taking the time to post your bio.

I love lighthouses. I bet I wouldn't be the only one interested in seeing pics if you got any.

The CUBS? Really?? Seriously???

(They do look to be strong this year, and the next few, if they can avoid major injuries and such.)
The Following User Says Thank You to I paint paint For This Useful Post:
richmondpainting (05-19-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 12:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,648
Thanked 9,646 Times in 5,485 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Great bio richmond! With the determination you've demonstrated, you deserve success and recognition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CApainter For This Useful Post:
journeymanPainter (05-19-2015), richmondpainting (05-19-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,068
View richmondpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by I paint paint View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post your bio.

I love lighthouses. I bet I wouldn't be the only one interested in seeing pics if you got any.

The CUBS? Really?? Seriously???

(They do look to be strong this year, and the next few, if they can avoid major injuries and such.)
That they do...I'm more mad about the bulls but that will pass...lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.