All Out & WFO - Guerrilla Mrktng At It's Finest - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 07-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,000
View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos
Default All Out & WFO - Guerrilla Mrktng At It's Finest

I used to think this type of marketing was cheesy. Maybe it still is. But I am going to put it to the test and post something like this in all of the beauty saloons, daycare centers, grocery stores, paint stores, and any other place (we'll stay away from the phone poles for now) that has a cork board for this type of medium. Has anyone tried this type of marketing and what type of results did you get from it? Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Attachment 3341

Last edited by KLaw; 05-15-2010 at 11:22 PM..
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM   #2

Default Don't Mean to Stomp on Any Toes but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh coat View Post
I used to think this type of marketing was cheesy. Maybe it still is. But I am going to put it to the test and post something like this in all of the beauty saloons, daycare centers, grocery stores, paint stores, and any other place (we'll stay away from the phone poles for now) that has a cork board for this type of medium. Has anyone tried this type of marketing and what type of results did you get from it? Your thoughts and experiences are appreciated.

Attachment 3341
Do y'all think this is a worth while campaign?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

I put 6-8 business cards on those cork boards wherever I go. I say go for it! One of my first decent jobs came from posting in a small town mom and pop hardware store. That customer has turned out to be a valuable repeat customer. I have painted his entire exterior/interior of his home and offices, 3 -2 story buildings, his neighbors and friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron61 View Post
I put 6-8 business cards on those cork boards wherever I go. I say go for it! One of my first decent jobs came from posting in a small town mom and pop hardware store. That customer has turned out to be a valuable repeat customer. I have painted his entire exterior/interior of his home and offices, 3 -2 story buildings, his neighbors and friends
Thanks for fueling the fire!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron61 View Post
You are talking about biz cards. I'm talkin' about a tabbed piece of 8 x 11. Do you think the tabbed version portraits less of a pro contractor? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #6

I'm pretty sure I got the jist of what you were presenting. That could possibly work in your favor...

Old 07-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 3,012
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,487 Posts
View PressurePros's Photo Album My Photos

It could help with branding but it doesn't appear that you have a logo?

Some of my best performers were things I thought would never work. Try everything one or twice and meticulously track your leads. I think there are better ways to market that save time but trial and error works too.

PressurePros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
It could help with branding but it doesn't appear that you have a logo?

Some of my best performers were things I thought would never work. Try everything one or twice and meticulously track your leads. I think there are better ways to market that save time but trial and error works too.
Good point. It's actually a cropped and edited picture of my car magnets and that makes your point even stronger. I've got a logo but didn't include it on my magnets (and now that you mention it - it was a pretty big oversight on my part). Talk about eazy and cheap exposure and I totally missed on that one. Time to re-order some car magnets. I agree trial and error isn't the most effective but at the same time this gets me physically out there talkin' to some folks as I place these things on the boards. Maybe even talk them into letting me put some brochures in some holders on their counters. I think I'll just use my business cards like Aaron mentioned. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:22 PM   #9

Fresh, I would definetly do your idea, maybe some cards also....

Old 07-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
Born To Be Mild

Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Do it all. You just never know what will work, or like in aaron's case what kind of work you can derive from it.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

It certainly can't hurt! I agree the branding part is key. I would think the locations would be important to the market you are trying to target.

If you do the tab, maybe a coupon on one side? Call by *** for a upgrade, accent wall, or ??

I hate to bring up the franchise word, and I am not trying to start a battle, but do they help you with marketing, flyers, mailers etc? They don't have "stock templates" for you to use to and tie in your logo across all your marketing?

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
It certainly can't hurt! I agree the branding part is key. I would think the locations would be important to the market you are trying to target.

If you do the tab, maybe a coupon on one side? Call by *** for a upgrade, accent wall, or ??

I hate to bring up the franchise word, and I am not trying to start a battle, but do they help you with marketing, flyers, mailers etc? - Yes - logo'd flyers, brochures, folders, etc... are provided. If I would have used one of these and converted to a car magnet, the mag would have been too busy and not enough room to make the phone number as large as needed. So, I designed one myself at buildasign.com They don't have "stock templates" for you to use to and tie in your logo across all your marketing?
Like I said earlier, it was a total oversight on my part to not have placed the logo on the magnet.

Tags
None