Anyone Interested? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 05-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,000
View KLaw's Photo Album My Photos
Default Anyone Interested?

If you are interested and capable then pm me - if you want to bid painting the fire escapes in the pics. Location: central ohio.

We are unable to do this work at this time. This guy is eager to get it done and has been ignored by the last few painting contractors that he contacted.

Anyone Interested?-fe-1.jpg

Anyone Interested?-fe-2.jpg
KLaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #2

View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

Too bad you couldn't just plastic the building off and pour dumpster sized buckets down the damn things. That is a LOT of metal to paint

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEighter View Post
Too bad you couldn't just plastic the building off and pour dumpster sized buckets down the damn things. That is a LOT of metal to paint
Ture. Pretty big price tag though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #4

Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

I would rather do some section 8 housing and make some big bucks than work on that thing.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpaint View Post
I would rather do some section 8 housing and make some big bucks than work on that thing.

JP: Why?
Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,375 Times in 3,757 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLaw View Post
JP: Why?
cuz its a pos, and a pita, and the property owner won't wanna pay what it will take.

TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Paint View Post
cuz its a pos, and a pita, and the property owner won't wanna pay what it will take.

IDK about the pita factor or the not willingness to pay. I am thinkin they are more then willing to pay for a professional service, So far, they haven't found one....
Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,375 Times in 3,757 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

well, that job looks like a def pita to me. Its probably all rusted and shoulda been worked on 10 yrs ago sooner. You see how high up that is? Then you gotta deal with pedestrians underneath. Beyond that, it would be difficult to spray it because of traffic concerns and over spray, so your left with brush/roll on all that, which would be very time consuming. Lastly, after all that work is done and liability risk taken, who knows when that rust will come back up thru the coating cuz there's no guarantee that it wont, depending on its current condition. Just my opinion.

TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 AM   #9
RIP 2017

Rewards Points: 500
View VanDamme's Photo Album My Photos

The ol' jab & poke job! Been there, done that.

I forget. Do you start at the bottom and work up? Haha!
VanDamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 500
View BC_Painter's Photo Album My Photos

I wonder what complications there would be for a canadian flying down to ohio to do a paint job would have.

If the price is worth it.... lol

Real Life Steve Austin the Bionic Man
BC_Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #11

View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

I can tell you what a PITA doing a 50' catwalk 2 stories up was. I can only imagine doing those. Would have to media blast it, prime whole thing, and topcoat with epoxy or some type of system.. that is some bux. Have you priced a new unit yet? It should be nearly as much if not more than a new unit.

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None