Approcahed by livingsocial (groupon clone) to promote with them - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 08-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View SouthFloridaPainter's Photo Album My Photos
Default Approached by livingsocial (groupon clone) to promote with them

I got a phone call last week on this. I told them I was not interested.

I got an email this week to make an appointment.

They included a link to what they would like me to do.

I'll be passing on this.

Here's the complete description:

Your at-home babysitting business came with some unexpected results: a fresh array of new wall art. Erase the pain of the toddler-with-a-Sharpie memory, and salvage your walls with today's deal from Affordable Colors Painting. Spend $95, and let the professionals put two coats of paint in one room, up to 12x14x9 (regularly $200). Purchase your own paint, and these experts will do all the prep work, in a room you can now officially reclaim for your own. Splashing color into the lives of Floridians for more than ten years, Affordable Colors has a team of very experienced painters with a variety of specializations. With an entrepreneurial spirit like yours, we know you must like saving money, and today's deal is just what you and your home office need.
Attached Thumbnails
Approcahed by livingsocial (groupon clone) to promote with them-living-social-painting-promo.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MerchantCircle :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SouthFloridaPainter; 08-22-2011 at 03:59 PM..
SouthFloridaPainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 5,171 Times in 2,980 Posts
View straight_lines's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to straight_lines

Where can I sign up? I love paying my clients to work on their homes.

Primer makes everything better...
straight_lines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to straight_lines For This Useful Post:
CajunDavid (08-28-2011)
Old 08-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 144
Thanked 8,645 Times in 4,034 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Isn't it wonderful? Next they will be spec'ing the paint to be used. And then they'll collect from the HO for you and issue you a monthly check.
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 05:34 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75
View John's Painting's Photo Album My Photos

There is so, so much potential for one of these sites to fit perfectly into our industry...

Once someone gets the formula right I swear it'll be one of the most purchased 'deals.'

JC.
John's Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 75
View Coat It!'s Photo Album My Photos

JC, I love receiving the Living Social and Groupon deals (and occasionally buy one) but it can be pretty dangerous for businesses. Do you want a customer that's only willing to pay $95 for 1 room? The draw of course isn't that room, it's additional or repeat business but it still might not be the type of customer you're interested in.

Here's a good case study on Groupon:
http://www.retaildoc.com/blog/groupo...ting-business/

Check it out if you get a chance.

Coat It! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,000
View ROOMINADAY's Photo Album My Photos

You are looking at this wrong. Buy them for your own sub work for jobs that are not "referral" type jobs... Sell at your rate! Client wins, you win, poor schmuck who will prep and paint for that looses!

I charge that for average prep in a nice home per room..... Wouldn't touch a brush or cage for that.
ROOMINADAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None