Commercial proposals - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
House Painting Reading PA

Rewards Points: 250
View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos
Default Commercial proposals

I have painted on commercial projects from my Grandpas company, but never bid on one. I think I can be competitive with the pricing, but need help with putting together a professional looking proposal. Can anyone give me a example of one from their past bids?
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Systems Fanatic

Rewards Points: 500
View Brian's Photo Album My Photos

There is a lot of territory that should be covered in a bid, and it should be specific to the project. For example, you need to address prep, protection, safety, work hours, insurance, products, warranty, etc.

If you offer some more details, perhaps we can help.

In my mind competitive pricing is not an issue. Offer more value and you can get the job for a better price. Differentiate yourself and rise above the crowd. Price yourself competively and you are just a part of the crowd.

Brian Phillips

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Brian; 04-17-2007 at 07:25 PM..
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
House Painting Reading PA

Rewards Points: 250
View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos

I am just talking in general. I am wanting to search out the smaller commercial jobs until I get a portfolio of them under my belt before I go larger scale, but came across a three story condo project. I just do not know what goes into a bid when commercial is involved. I know how to put together a good residential repaint, but not a commercial bid as I know there will be a difference. Actully I am picking up the plans tomorrow on it and can give more detail later today.
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10
View jdx485's Photo Album My Photos

Are you bidding to a GC, Property Manager, Building Owner ect? All bids are different. Always include plan dates and sheet numbers. You can detail everything out you want but if the GC is one of any size they will make you sign a contract that will superceed anything on your proposal. More info would help -
jdx485 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None