Connecting with other Painters - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 109
View Bighead's Photo Album My Photos
Default Connecting with other Painters

Just a tip for the smaller businesses out there. I've made it a point to build relationships with a few of the bigger paint companies in my area. Anytime a job is too big for us to handle I call them. In return they send small jobs to us. When they get backed up in the summertime they call us to handle the overflow. During a recent slowdown I called one of the sales reps and asked him to keep us in mind for jobs they don't want, within a week he passed me 3 referrals.
I've also been paid for referrals. One company sent me $400 after they completed an exterior project. All I did was recommend them to the homeowner.
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Everyone is scooping up their own work around here, big or little jobs they are finding new price points in order to make anything they can.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250
View capitalcity painting's Photo Album My Photos

Yeah there is not much sharing going on right now but it does help to keep a good relationship with other contractors. Instead of passing the bigger jobs off to the bigger companies team up with another small contractor that needs the work. You can also share employees in times like this so the few good ones out there dont get laid off. It also helps so that when someone has a rush job and you cant get to it you can refer them and hopefully they will return the favor.
capitalcity painting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None