Csa bridge sales training - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Business, Marketing, and Sales

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Smith
  • 1 Post By jennifertemple

Old 12-15-2019, 01:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 77
View darrpreb00's Photo Album My Photos
Default Csa bridge sales training

Hey guys,
I’ve been listening to Tom Reber and found this sales training program that sounds like s game changer. I’m just wondering if it works. Has anyone heard anything? Charging for an estimate, prequalifying hard and setting expectations by telling them that thinking about it or talking to the wife about it after the estimate is not what you want to hear sounds like a dream, haha 😂

I’m so down to try it though!! We have a qualifying process but I’m so tired of hearing those two things I could rip my hair out
darrpreb00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 77
View darrpreb00's Photo Album My Photos

I have no idea how to edit and I don’t know where those hieroglyphs came from !
darrpreb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,900
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos

"Charging for an estimate" is not realistic in my market. I'd go out of business.

I suppose, idealistically, if your pipeline is overflowing and people are breaking down your door to use your service it is possible. I'm just not buying it.

Anyone who has a paid course who recommends to students to charge for quotes I'd be highly suspect of the rest of his instructional content. That's a blazing red flag to me.

Just for curiosity's sake, I'd ask the PT members who are contractors, if you charge for estimates.
jennifertemple likes this.

Last edited by Mr Smith; 12-17-2019 at 02:43 PM..
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2019, 07:11 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 464
View jennifertemple's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
"Charging for an estimate" is not realistic in my market. I'd go out of business.

I suppose, idealistically, if your pipeline is overflowing and people are breaking down your door to use your service it is possible. I'm just not buying it.

Anyone who has a paid course who recommends to students to charge for quotes I'd be highly suspect of the rest of his instructional content. That's a blazing red flag to me.

Just for curiosity's sake, I'd ask the PT members who are contractors, if you charge for estimates.

Not Here, Not Me!
Mr Smith likes this.
jennifertemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:15 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 464
View jennifertemple's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrpreb00 View Post
I have no idea how to edit and I don€™t know where those hieroglyphs came from !
Edit is a limited time offer. You can edit immediately after posting but in a short time that option goes away. "Those hieroglyphs" likely have something to do with the platform or browser you are posting from, or possibly your "language" settings.

Last edited by jennifertemple; 12-17-2019 at 10:18 PM..
jennifertemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:04 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 20
View MrWink's Photo Album My Photos
Default Take it to the bridge

Sorry for the late response, I had some technical difficulties.

The bridge is a great group. Most of the contractors are people who have been working a trade and made the leap to go out on their own. While they may know the trade, they haven't had much experience with sales.

Here are some points that the bridge will teach you: Confidence, listening to your customers, qualifying your customers, and closing(the right customers).

Here are a couple things I thought were strange, at first: Paid estimates(consultation fees) and quoting jobs over the phone after a customer sends photos. I don't advertise free estimates. I will charge for estimates if I think a customer doesn't value my time or what I do. Quoting over the phone is awesome, if the customer takes the right pictures. Most customers take pictures that tend to be "staged". They omit the area where their drunk brother in-law was moving furniture.

If the bridge were around when I started in sales, it would have been more appreciated. I was only in it for a few months, just wasn't for me.

There are a lot of people out there that are very talented/knowledgeable in their trade. But, when it comes to talking/selling to customers, they get scared. If you are one of those people, the bridge might be a good place.
MrWink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None